cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong number range picked up in Debit Memo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

I have configured debit memo, which is working fine. Number range interval for debit memo was maintained as 53 initially in development. When the TR were moved to PRD and there was no interval available for the debit memo, I changed the interval to 88 in debit memo configuration and transport request was moved to PRD. Now the issue is that, still the debit memo is picking up the number range of interval 53 and not 88. Kindly suggest. This is PRD issue.

Attached are the snap shorts of the interval and the debit memo.cycle

Thanks and Regards,

Shilpa Shah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear TypeWriter and Suman,

I did not transport the number range in PRD, it is created with tcode VN01. Screen shorts are of Qual as no cycles are run in PRD. I do not understand how cum the system is picking up correct range for invoice and incorrect for debit note. I checked table NRIV but this was of not so help. There is some table which has saved the number range interval 53 and this is getting picked.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks,

Shilpa

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

shilpa,

From your post, I understand that this issue is not occurring in Development system. It is happening in the Production system. Is that correct?

What about in Quality system? Is this issue occurring?

In PRD, check if any document types has number range 53. And what are numbers of those sales orders?

Paste the screenshot of the number range and its intervals for number range 88.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you for your reply.

There is code written in user exit RV60AFZZ and due to this incorrect number range is picked up. The code is written for year 2013 and 2014 for VF01.

Thanks you

Shilpa

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

shilpa,

Thanks for updating!

Could you tell the logic of this code?

Added: The issue was that the number range 88 was assigned to billing type ZL3 (in VOFA). But the transaction documents (billing) were taking the numbers from another number range (53).

What is the business reason for this?

If possible, please paste the code.

Message was edited by: TW Typewriter - added in blue color

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

sorry to say but provided screen shots are quite confusive.

kindly provide the below data for the better analysis & resolve the issue.

Bill typeBill type DescNo. range Assg.(VOFA) in Test clientNo. range Assg.(VOFA) in QualityRemark(eg.OK in Test or OK in Qua or OK in Both)
ZL3debit proporty
ZL4debit property1
ZF5Invoice property
No. range interval in Test Client(VN01)
                  53                            88
From ToFromTo
No. range interval in Quality Client(VN01)
              53                                    88
From ToFromTo

regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vikram,

The issue is resolved and now correct number range is picked up,

Correct configuration in PRD is billing type ZL3 and ZF5. I maintained ZL4 for just testing purpose in DEV client to understand why the correct number range was not picking up.

After struggling for 3 days, and wondering why the number range was not picked up, I thought there must of some code written in the user exit RV60AFZZ for the system to behave in this way. I found that the code was maintained in user exit for number range.

Regards,

Shilpa

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

shilpa,

One question - Did you say that the correct document numbers were being picked up, when you tested in Development system?

If yes, then how this code is in Production system and not in Development system?

Was this code in Quality system also?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Here the code supposed to be both Quality/ Devt & production as well. But to activate the code there need to maintain some table entries . for which we have written in the code.

So according to the table entries it is working in Production system but not in Quality/Devt.

Hi Silpa :- I suppose this is the procedure by which the user exit works. please confirm.

Regards

Pitabash

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

As per your attachment No.Range Interval 88 is maintained in Billing Type "ZL3" where as you paste the Debit Memo Billing Type is "ZL4" . Please check your number range again along with correct Debit memo billing type.

One more thing is that No.Range is Client specific, make sure that in your Production server correct no.range is maintained or not.

Please check and revert if you have any further issue.

Thanks,

Suman$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suman,

I changed the configuration in dev that is the reason it is showing ZL4 and the number range which is picked up is still of interval 53. In PRD TR is moved and number ranges maintained but cycles have not been punched.

There is some table which is getting updated with interval 53 but could not find exactly which one. I checked table NRIV but this does not solve my purpose.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks,

Shilpa

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked the PRD config of VOFA and VN01.

This is not so complex i think you are missing some observation.

Check it once.

Thanks,

Suman$

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

shilpa,

I agree with Suman's comments!

Number range issue is not complex, it is fairly straightforward.

Note - Do not think of transporting the number ranges from one system to another.

Create the same number range in Production system too.

For clarity -

From Production system:

1. Paste the screenshot of the Debit billing type (VOFA, showing the number range)

2. Paste the screenshot of the number range (VN01, showing that particular number range)