cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment of Controlling Area to Company Code Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to create TWO New Company Codes and assigned it into Controlling Area... Now please suggest which one is suitable or according to SAP i.e.

1.  One Controlling Area is Assigned to One Company Code OR

2.  Multiple Controlling Area is Assigned to One Company Code

Please guide..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to me, I suppose the general scenario is multiple company codes are assigned to a single controllign area.

Regards,

Malhar.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

vinod_vemuru2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First try to understand the hierarchy of enterprise structure. Controlling area is at higher level of enterprise structure under which company codes are assigned. So, assigning multiple company codes to one controlling area is possible but not otherwise. You can check SPRO config to see how the assignment is done.

Thanks,

Vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

We cannot assign multiple controlling areas to a single company code.

However, we can assign multiple company codes to a single controlling area.

Regards,

Aneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Sapan agawal has been said rightly...

since you have crated the two company code need to assign in to one controlling area,

not possible to assign the two CO area to once company code ....

hope this will help you ...

former_member188916
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Anil,

Your question is not very clear, first you have written "I want to create TWO New Company Codes and assigned it into Controlling Area" and in second point you have mentioned "2.  Multiple Controlling Area is Assigned to One Company Code".

You can assign multiple company codes to a controlling area provided they share same fiscal year variant  and Chart of account.

This setting can be maintained in OKKP in "assignment of company code".

Point to note

If you choose Cross company code cost accounting in "Assignment control" in OKKP it can affect the currency type too.

1)If you choose currency type 10 all company codes must have the currency same as controlling area .

OR

2)If you choose currency type 20/30 it company code currency can be different from controlling area.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sapan