cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HWC Provisioning Profile Expiration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our provisioning profile for our HWC is expiring. We have signed it with out Apple Enterprise Developer Program. It seems the provisioning profiles signed under the Enterprise account gets embedded into the IPA.

How can we use Afaria to push just the provisioning profile (.mobileprovision) file to the device? Do we need to remove old, or does it get replaced? Or do we need to re-sign the IPA and redploy as an update?

Thanks!

DJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel-jay,

If you extend your Enterprise account then only thing that you should do is renew provising file in Apple developer portal. In device the old provising file will get update.

If you have changed provising file then you need to re-build .ipa with new profile. Then you push app to device.

Regards

Tahir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tahir,

I did renew the provisioning profile in the Apple Developer Portal. Your later answer seems to imply that the device gets the new provisioning profile somehow through Apple. Is this true?

I don't see the new provisioning profile on the device. I'd like to know how we might be able to push it out through Afaria.

Thanks!

DJ

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Once you renew the provising file it also updates the provising file which app used in device. So there is no new provisng file created. You can continue using your application in this way.

Creating new provising file depends on your choice, i don't think so that you need new one.

Regards

Tahir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tahir, I'll have to test this to ensure the app still functions past the expiration. So how do you folks handle the expiring profile? Leave it on the device?

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

When apple account expire then all provising profiles are expiring too. So in this case when you extends your account again all provising profiles gets updates(renew required). There is nothing that you have to create or remove things again. I do nothing in this case just extending solves everthing

When you need to create new provising file ?

1- When you want to change application identifier so you need to create new one.

2- If app identifier removes somehow in apple portal then you need to create new one.

3- if Apple certificate revoked then you need to create new one.

All that i can say

Regards

Tahir