cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting MSMP configuration isn't 100%

santosh_krishnan2
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if this is really an issue or not but I haven't found anything to say it's not.  When I configure the development box and go into MSMP workflows to set it up, everything works fine and I create transports for the configuration.  When this is transported to QA, I notice that the paths and stages have been transported, but my notification settings haven't. 

I was wondering if this has been experienced by anyone else.  I'm planning on having a new transport created for that configuration and moving that to see if everything gets moved.  Please let me know if you've experienced otherwise.

Thanks,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santosh,

As a related FYI, MSMP is not the only thing in GRC 10 that does not transport 100% correctly/ accurately. When you save your EUP setting configuration, it will create a transport, but that transport does not necessarily contain everything. You can recognize this situation if table GRACEUPCONFIG  in the target system has blank fields. See Note 1884227 for instructions on creating a manual transport of your EUP configuration.

Good luck!

Gretchen

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

I just went live on SP12, I transported MSMP workflow and my notifications moved with the workflow just fine.  Now, what I can tell you is that WHENEVER you Save/Activate and it asks you for to place items in a transport, you will want to do that.  If you do not, you will lose those specific changes you have done in that session.

As Gretchen stated, I had the same EUP issue.  What I found was that if you create an EUP in Development and transport up, it does not register that the lines from 999 that are copied to your new one as new entries.  I created the new one as part of my systems specific configuration in GRC Prod, then moved my changes up and that worked fine.  Gretchen, thank for sharing the note.  I had not seen this one.

Cheers.

Kevin Tucholke

santosh_krishnan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin, and everyone else,

Thanks for the input.  It looks like there each of you have experienced some issue that I haven't, and Kevin certainly hasn't experienced the issue I'm seeing.

The note mentioned by Gretchen is good, but I'm not seeing that issue as yet.  The table pertaining to workflow notifications is identical in dev and q, but within the MSMP workflow config, the Q system doesn't have the notification entries while in the dev system, they're there.

I've currently had to re-enter them but my management team wants me to transport it.  I'm going to attempt to reactivate the workflows and put them all into a different transport each, and see if that'll help.

Let me know your thoughts on how you might suggest I approach this.

Thanks,

Santosh

santosh_krishnan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

One year later, I'm back with the same, but different, issue.  This time around, I'm using transaction GRFNMW_CONFIGURE to transport the configuration.  SAP has a note that discusses this - note number 2050802.

With this method, the config transports across, but it seems the stages aren't being transported.

Have you experienced this before?

Thanks,

Santosh

santosh_krishnan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Update: with the GRFNMW_CONFIGURE, I found that I have to click on each top level node and include it in the request.  This transported the stages, routes agents, etc.  However, my task settings are not getting transported.

Santosh

former_member192837
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes i also seen .. Notification settings were not transported. we areon SP09