cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files to unpack for Oracle software installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am downloading files from SAP software distribution center and unpacking them to use them for installation of Oracle software. I need Oracle software 10.2.0.1 for HP-UX IA64 operating system (I will further download latest patchset for 10.2 oracle version, e.g. 10.2.0.2, but this is not my question here)

I have followed instructions and downloaded to Windows server files 51031671_1 to 51031671_7 (7 files in total, first one is exe and other 6 are RAR files).

I have extracted them on my windows server by executing first file and it did extracted fine creating 2 directories 51031671_1 and 51031671_2. Each of these directories contain few files, e.g. CDLABEL, COPY, CRCFILE.DAT, LABEL, SHAFILE, VERSION and first directory contains OR110264.SAR, OR210264.SAR, OR310264.SAR while second contains OR410264.SAR. (it seems good as it match information given in content info)

I have ftp-ed these SAR files to my HPUX server together with the latest SAPCAR software and I have extracted them with SAPCAR -xvf OR110264.SAR.

Extracting OR110264.SAR created folder database

Extracting OR210264.SAR created folder client

Extracting OR310264.SAR created folder clusterware

Extracting OR410264.SAR created folder companion

Can someone please explain me:

1. Did I do process right?

2. What all these directories are?

3. From which directory I should run RUNINSTALLER to install oracle 10.2.0.1

Tx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the installation guide.

Depending on the version you install you need to first install the central instance and wait for sapinst to install the database software.

What do you plan to install?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tx for your prompt response.

I am in process of upgrading SAP from 4.5B_EXT to Netweaver 2004s. We already did it for HP-UX PA RISK servers and process is in place. (First we upgrade Oracle from 9206 to 10.2.0.2 and than SAP to 2004S).

So I need these to upgrade Oracle from 9206 to 10.2.0.2.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check that guide (in case you don't have it already):

http://service.sap.com/instguides

--> Other Documentation

--> Database Upgrades

--> Oracle

--> Upgrade to Oracle Database 10g Release 2 (10.2): UNIX

within that guide you will find the steps how to proceed.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tx. I managed to extract these.

Since I am using only single instance installation I assume I will not need clusterware directory.

Can you please let me know what are client, companion and gateways (this last one was not created after I uncompressed OR110264.SAR, ... OR410264.SAR) and are these needed.

I studied Upgrade to Oracle Database 10g Release 2 (10.2): UNIX document and have one question. On page 17th, requirement 1, download latest version of DBSL from SAP software distribution center. I can not find it for OS I am using - HP UX IA64

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I studied Upgrade to Oracle Database 10g Release 2

> (10.2): UNIX document and have one question. On page

> 17th, requirement 1, download latest version of DBSL

> from SAP software distribution center. I can not find

> it for OS I am using - HP UX IA64

You can't run 4.5B on HP-UX/IA64

You need to do the upgrade on PA-RISC and then do a homogeneous system copy to copy it over to the IA64 box.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry, my mistake.

on IA64 we are running 4.6C with 4.6D_EXT kernel.

(4.5B_EXT we are indeed running on PA RISK)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

4.6D_EXT is also out of maintenance and if you don't have an extended support agreement with SAP you won't be able to download the actual dbsl for the 4.6D_EXT kernel.

I suggest opening an OSS call and ask for the patch.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

excellent.

Tx for your prompt and up to the point replies.

This is the first time I am using forum on SAP network and it works much better than OSS so far

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You're welcome

--

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you downloaded the version which will be decompressed by sapinst (not sapup!!!) during the installation of a database instance: as i understand you're planning to upgrade your software...as the sapup does not decompress the archives OR1200264.SAR etc. (the ones that were produced by invoking the exe-file) you did the right thing...you should be under /oracle/stage/102_64 which needs to be e filesystem of about 6-7 gb...the runinstaller is started from /oracle/stage/102_64/database/Disk1/SAP

the patchset 10202 will be decompressed the same way - you need to make the directory (eg. patches or whatever you like...best under /oracle/stage/102_64/) in advance...

GreetZ, AH