cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide a nested UIBB in an FPM OVP application ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I have an FPM OVP application which basically contains the following nested UIBB's .

a ) Main Page

This has two sections i ) Header  ii) Items .

In the Header section i in turn have two UIBB's .
                                      a) Form UIBB
                                      b) Composite UIBB.

The Composite in turn contains a  a) Master List UIBB

b) Tabbed UIBB .

The Tabbed UIBB then contains a) Tree UIBB
                                                                                        b) Chart UIBB with a drop down option . 

I need to hide/remove the Chart UIBB based on the drop down option . I tried to do so in the   OVERRIDE_EVENT_OVP method of the controller exit class . However on selection of the event for Hiding the chart from the drop down menu on the chart toolbar . I am able to only get the UIBB's from the highest level ie i am able to get only the FORM UIBB , Composite UIBB from the header section . I am not able to drill down inside the composite UIBB > Tabbed UIBB > and lastly the CHART UIBB to hide it .

Is there any way to get and hide the UIBB from such a nested level ? If yes , then how do i go about it ?

Thanks and Regards ,
Sheldon Rodrigues

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sheldon Rodrigues,

You can add component controller (with IF_FPM_TABBED_CONF_EXIT component interface) in Tabbed UIBB and use method OVERRIDE_CONFIG_TABBED for your purposes.

Code example:

Kind regards, Aliaksandr.

J_R
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

It's correct what Aliaksandr said. By using the floorplan API IF_FPM_OVP you can only influence (change, remove) the UIBBs that are configured directly in the OVP floorplan, or you can add other UIBBS dynamically, and change/ remove them. However, you can not affect UIBBs that are inside layout UIBBs, such as the Tabbed UIBB or the so-called Composite UIBB. Those layout UIBBs have their own API in order to influence their UIBBs.

chetan_kumar6
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Aliaksandr,

I have a kind of same requirement. In my case, i want to play around(Show/Hide) with child UIBBS of Composite UIBB based on dropdown values. From the above post am not able to understand how to add or use the interface IF_FPM_COMPOSITE_CONF_EXIT in FPM_COMPOSITE_UIBB.

Is there anyother way to get the UIBBS? or at least how to get the access to the method OVERRIDE_CONFIG_COMPOSITE of the interface in the feeder class.

Could you please elaborate and help me in getting the child UIBBS.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Chetan

J_R
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

you have to assign an Application Configuration Controller (AppCC) to your Composite UIBB configuration in the configuration editor. This AppCC may be a WD component which has to implement the WD interface IF_FPM_CMPST_CONF_EXIT or an ABAP OO class the ABAP OO interface IF_FPM_COMPOSITE_CONF_EXIT. Both interfaces provide a method OVERRIDE_CONFIG_COMPOSITE in which you get access to an API that allows you to hide or add UIBBs.

Best regards,
Jens

chetan_kumar6
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

It worked . Thanks a lot for your help!

Regards,

Chetan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Sheldon Rodrigues,

Did you get any solution ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipul ,

Kindly refer to Aliaksandr Zhdanovich  post.

Thanks and Regards,

Sheldon Rodrigues