cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introscope 8.2.2 does not work with Java 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I recently upgraded to Java 1.7 patch 40. After this when i try to access introscope I get following error:

"Failed to validate certificate. The application will not be executed". The stack trace is:

sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: algorithm constraints check failed

at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doValidate(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.engineValidate(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.validator.Validator.validate(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.deploy.security.TrustDecider.getValidationState(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.deploy.security.TrustDecider.validateChain(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.deploy.security.TrustDecider.isAllPermissionGranted(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.security.AppPolicy.grantUnrestrictedAccess(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.security.JNLPSignedResourcesHelper.checkSignedResourcesHelper(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.security.JNLPSignedResourcesHelper.checkSignedResources(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareResources(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareAllResources(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main.access$000(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: algorithm constraints check failed

at sun.security.provider.certpath.PKIXMasterCertPathValidator.validate(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.provider.certpath.PKIXCertPathValidator.doValidate(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.provider.certpath.PKIXCertPathValidator.engineValidate(Unknown Source)

at java.security.cert.CertPathValidator.validate(Unknown Source)

... 21 more

The introscope version i am using is 8.2.2. Is there a way to configure introscope to work with JRE 7?

What are the solutions I can consider? Why would not introscope work with JRE 7?

Thanks for your help.

-Ashu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ashwini

I have the same issue - any resolution in the meantime ?

as a workaround you can use the webview instead of the workstation - this is working

regards

Eckhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eckhard,

I don't have any solution yet. There is not web view in my company. Please let me know if you find the solution in future.

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sony,

Can you try to donwgrade JRE to previous version ?

OR

Try solution form there http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19756681/introscope-8-2-2-does-not-work-with-java-7

Run Java's ContolPanel and reduce your security settings. Caveat -- this setting applies to all applets and Java Web Start (jnlp) applications.

BR,

K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamil,

It works when I downgrade to JRE 6. But other applications need JRE 7. So I am trying to get introscope work with JRE 7.

I did try the solution in stackoverflow.com. It didn't work either.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sony,

Please check note 1565954 - Introscope 9 Release Notes

Even latest version of Wily Instrscope supports Java 6

1. The Enterprise Manager (EM) now requires Java 6 as runtime environment. If you do not use a JDK bundled with the Enterprise Manager installer make sure to use Java 6.

maybe the better way is to install Wily introscope on sepratare machine with proper version of JRE ?

BR,

K.

Nicolas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sony,

The note 1273028 - Introscope 8 Release Notes mentions this issue:

Workstation Web Start Client Fails to Start with Java 7 Update 45 (Java 1.7.0_45). CA gives the following options to work around this issue in their Techical Advisory (5974_Technical_Advisory_10-24-2013).

1. Downgrade your client machine#s version of Java to Java 1.6 or Java 1.7.0_40 or below
  2. Use the Java console to enable only Java version Java 1.7.0_40 or below
  3. Use the standalone APM Workstation instead of launching it via Java Web Start
  4. Use the APM WebView Console instead of the APM Workstation launched via Java Web Star

I have found this link How can i change the Java Runtime Version on Windows (7) - Stack Overflow which could help you.

Edit: Another useful link Alex Boyd : Java 6 and Java 7 on Windows.

Best regards,

Nicolas Vander Auwera