cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to populate field ATTLV in table AUSP or CAWN?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to create multiple characteristics that have a specific tolerance. When I set-up a characteristic in CT04 I do not see where I can specify an upper or lower tolerance. However, if I create the characteristic, assign it to a class (001) and enter a value for a specific material...when I go to SE16N to look at the table AUSP, I see the value in the field ATWRT. But I also see fields ATTLV, ATTLB and ATINC. How do I enter things into these fields?

Do I have to create an MIC and link them together and continue down that path, or am I completely off with the MIC?

Thank you,

Horton

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The MIC has no impact on these fields.

Typically you specify the widest possible value allowed in the characteristic.  I.e. 0 - 100% in the allowed values for the characteristic.

In the batch or material class you can narrow this in the "overwrite values" screen.  Say for instance 97.5 - 99.0%.

Then in the material master, in the classification screen you can modify this again to say 97.7 - 98.0%.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thank you for helping me rule out the MIC. However, when add a range of values to the allowed values this doesn't affect the Tolerance fields in the AUSP or CAWN tables.

Here are the requirements:

I have a Characteristic (Z_LENGTH) that I needs to be populated for multiple materials. The Characteristic (Z_LENGTH) needs to have an allowable tolerance of +/- 0.010, but the actual value changes per material. (I.E. Material 1 - Z_LENGTH = 2.5(+/- 0.010), Material 2 - Z_LENGTH = 3.0(+/- 0.010, etc.)

I was hoping to accomplish this without an MIC by using the fields in AUSP so for Material 1:

AUSP - OBJEK = Material 1

AUSP - ATFLV = 2.5

AUSP - ATTLV = -0.01

AUSP - ATTLB = 0.01

or

AUSP - OBJEK = Material 1

AUSP - ATFLV = 2.5

AUSP - ATTLV = 2.49

AUSP - ATTLB = 2.51

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create your characteristic with an allowed value of 0.0 - 999.99

Assign the characteristic to a batch class, assign the range of 2.49 - 2.51 in the class.  This range will apply to all materials assigned to this class.  Usually you will also click on "Allow Additional Values" in the class as well when you enter the range.

OR

Create your characteristic with an allowed value of 0.0 - 999.99

Assign the characteristic to a batch class, assign the range of 0.0 - 999.99 in the class.

In the material master, in the classification view, assign the range of 2.49 - 2.51 to the material.  Each material is maintained with their own range.

Craig

Answers (0)