cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create 2 Projects in uPerform and control Author access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have requirement in our Project where in 2 different team would be creating training documents and have authorization to publish the docs as well i.e Adminstrator role.

For example Team A & Team B, The content of Team A should not be visible to Team B and vice versa.

So Basically 2 projects to be created on uPerform server and access to be controlled within projects.

Please let me know how can i achieve this requirement.

Would appreciate early response on same.

Regards

Upinder

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193399
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Upinder, I am also looking for similar functionality. Have your come across any solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Indeed, there is a solution and this helped me as well.

is possible to assign each of two authoring teams to a different project and doesn’t allow each to access the other project.

In your case, for example, if there are Project A for ABC and Project B for XYZ on the server, following 6 roles should be available as uPerform Roles (Administration > Users, Roles, and Groups > uPerform Roles

- Project A Admin Role

- Project A Author Role

- Project A User Role

- Project B Admin Role

- Project B Author Role

- Project B User Role

Default admin user (System Admin user) should assign all 'ABC' authoring team to Project A Admin Role or Project A Author Role depending on the role in the project, and assign all "XYZ" authoring team to Project B Admin Role or Project B Author Role. With this assignation, "ABC" team can only access Project A and "XYZ" team can access Project B. Each project users can’t see the other project.

Also if end users are your client or company and they want to access both, they should be assigned to both Project A User Role and Project B User Role so that they can access contents on both Projects.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Upinder

Message was edited by: Upinder Kaur