Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop CV04N to default to last searched document type

Patho
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good day all,

CV04N has a nice feature which can quickly become annoying.   After a fresh log on, and the first call to CV04N, the Document Data and Classification tabs of the initial screen are empty (which makes sense and desired.)  After finding results and displaying a document, my users often open a new session (to keep their initial findings) to create a new search for another document (often of a different document type).  In that new session (new SAP window) when they call CV04N, the document type of the document visualized in the other session is populated by default, along with the class, thus they need to manually click on the Reset button (annoying but it does the trick, it apparently is not so evident for the average user.) or else they may never find the desired document. Is there any configuration point or option to prevent this reaction and ensure that each new call of CV04N comes with a clean slate?  I’m not talking about clearing the fields when returning to the initial screen after pressing the back button after a search.  I would want CV04N to be clean just when we call the transaction.

Thanks!

Patrick “Patho” Lajoie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

We can understand how annoying it is but at the same in many contexts this input help from the history is very useful.

You can disable this feature, but this will prevent from showing the history of all fields keyed in by the user.

Better option could be to save the input variants in cv04n and choose whenever required.

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (0)