cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on Webi 4.1 for HANA Calculation View with variable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a HANA CALC VIEW with an input variable. I have created a universe on 4.1 IDT using the relational connection to this view. When I run a querry in the IDT, it fetches the result after entering the parameter value for the default hana variable. But when I use this universe in 4.1 Webi, getting some unexpected error and could not run the report. The error is popping up after entering the parameter value and submit it.

Error:An internal error occured while calling 'processDPCommandsEx' API.(Error:ERR_WIS_30270)(WIS30270)

But the same univerce is working fine in dashbords but the issue is with Webi 4.1 and Crystal enterprice. Please Help. Thanks!

Regards,

Siji Mathew

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member825150
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Siji,

I have been also looking for this. Seems in 4.1 the IDT can recognize the HANA variables and parameters, but this is not supported in WEBI. I found this on the WEBI 4.1 SP2 user guide.

Note:

HANA universes based on HANA views with variables, are not supported in Web Intelligence.

Web Intelligence does support HANA universes but cannot handle variables, they generate an error.

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbo41/en/sbo41sp2_webi_user_guide_en.pdf

Page 11.

Thanks

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant  - Thsnks for the note.

Regards,

Siji Mathew

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prashant,

can you please resend the link , the one existed is not allowing me to check or download.

even i too had the same issue like siji.your effort apreciated. thank you.

regards

bhanu

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member193452
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siji,

This is now available in the 4.1 SP3

It is in the What's new guide Here:     http://help.sap.com/bobip41/

Jacqueline

justin_molenaur2
Contributor
0 Kudos

We are using a 4.1SP2 instance of BO with the corresponding IDT tools and it appears that variables with Webi are also supported. We were able to create a universe that "sees" the HANA variables, and the Webi report can be executed successfully with the prompts that the variables create.

Regards,

Justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Justin

we are using Version: 4.1 Support Pack 1 Patch 1

kohesco
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all

just to inform, we have BI 4.1 SP 3 Patch 2, and it works !!!

grtz

Koen

Prabhith
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I recall reading somewhere that this issue normally comes based on the authorisation of the relevant universe. Not having luck finding the reference for that though... sorry.

Please try giving the user 'Full Control' over the particular universe and check again.

I remember this was a common issue in BI4.0 but not sure it there is any Fix/OSS note for that even in BI 4.1

BR

Prabhith

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved to the Semantic Layer space - please post this type of content here in the future.

Thanks