Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service - Push Mechanism

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am pretty new to webservice. I have a scenario where I just need to push data into webservice. No action after that.

My scenario is from Proxy - PI -Webservice.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

1. For this scenario, does normal consumer and provider applies. Although we are the provider, but we are sending the data without getting any request from consumer.

2. All i need to do is soap receiver comms channel and push the data. Is there any extra bit that i need to do.

We have scheduled batch job which will trigger the outbound proxy and send data to PI.

Please correct me if i have missed any.

Regards

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

>>>>1. For this scenario, does normal consumer and provider applies. Although we are the provider, but we are sending the data without getting any request from consumer.

proxy is a consumer and web service is a provider - that's it

>>>>All i need to do is soap receiver comms channel and push the data. Is there any extra bit that i need to do.

if you have 7.31 - sender SOAP (so PI can receive data from SAP from proxy) and receiver soap adapter to send data from PI to WS

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk 

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

I am using PI7.0.

As mentioned earlier, the trigger is only via proxy to the webservice, so technically there is not request from consumer at this point

Regards

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Step1 :- getting the data in PI from Proxy. hope you know all the required steps. if not then pls refer the forum. there are many blogs available.

Step2:- To send the message from PI to webservice. Ask your webservice vendor to provide the webservice URL and specify the Soap action

Cheers

Hidayat