Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU53 shows S_TCODE START_REPORT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a custom t-code is our system for displaying financial data.  The t-code allows users to drill-down into the data and access various other transaction codes for informations.

We have the same custom code for each of our assets and they work as expected. 

A new asset-specific version of the t-code was created recently.  The transaction returns the data for the asset as expected, but when the user tries to drill-down into the data they receive an authorisation issue.

The SU53 and ST01 trace shows error for authorisation   S_TCODE:  START_REPORT

My understanding of START_REPORT is that it is used to launch programs but shouldn't be auth checked in the user profile.

I have two questions:

Is my understanding of START_REPORT correct?

How do we resolve the issue without adding S_TCODE START_REPORT to the user.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

jimguo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi.

Check the following thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1867616

Thanks.

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may also refer to below SAP Note for relevant information.

Hope thi helps!

1254159 - AUTHORITY_CHECK_TCODE: Parameter and variant transactions

Thanks,

Sunny

former_member185447
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member186775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

Here in this case, it's showing as START_REPORT because the tcodes which your FICO consultants are using are inturn requesting to execute some reports. Yes, you are right reports called are just to execute. Once you give Start_Report in S_Tcode, they will receive another authorization issue. When checked in SU53, you will see the Report name say RH.... or RS... etc.

Once you enter the relevant reports and if the consultants have ACTVT value as 16, they can execute these reports and complete their tasks.

It is recommended that you add Start_Report to S_Tcode and when prompted enter the report name.

Thanks,

Mj