cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a service file in HR menu as a link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai All,

I have created a service file, then created a external service which refers to this service file and finally attached this external service to ESS menu.

I want to add the same service file in HR menu as a link and i added this in the HR menu. When i link on the link which is in the HR menu,ITS login page is shown asking for login user id and password. How can i skip this login page.

We are in Enterpise portal 5.0

Regards,

H.K.Hayath Basha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Can you tell me how to create resource for the service file in home page framework.

We are using SAP R/3 4.6c.

Regards,

H.K.Hayath Basha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

We have programs which are called using transaction code or service files. When we want to add these program to portal menu,we can't directly add these type of program to Portal ESS menu(Not the menu which you see in Ipanel side in portal).

In order to add these program in ESS menu we have to create External Service in portal which will either refer to a transaction code or service file. External service is also called as Iview.

From portal ESS menu if you execute a external service which is refering to a service file, the service file is opened using Single Sign On Framework, eventhough the service file require a login id, userid, password.

What i want to do is to attach a service file or external service to IPanel side in portal.

Regards,

H.K.Hayath Basha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you created a resource of this service file in the homepage framework settings in SPRO transaction?

You have to create a resource then add it to the service and this service to area page and so on.

After doing so will you get this in the ipanel area.

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Manish,

User mapping is already there. After logging into portal when a user click on the R/3 transaction in the IPanel the transaction is opened with single sign on. When a service file which is added in the IPanel is clicked, ITS login page is opened.

Is there any way to attach a service file or external service to IPanel in portal.

Regards,

H.K.Hayath Basha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Can you tell me what do you mean by an external service file.

Is it another service file calling the service file you want. and if you have done so what is the reason.

Please give me complete details.

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

For this you need to maintain the user mapping in the portal if you are not using SSO with logon tickets.

This user mapping maps the portal user to the R/3 user id.

Regards,

Manish