Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice using WCF

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My source proxy structure is 1.unbounded.

The target webservice structure is only 1.1

When I asked the third party to change it to unbounded, they mentioned that in order to create a web service that can handle unbounded records requires a completely different type of Web service called a WCF which works in a slightly different way to a standard web service and is more designed for sending multiple records at a time.

They had asked me the question whether PI is able to connect through a WCF based webservice. We are using PI 7.01.

Let me know the possible options.

Alternatively, is it possible for me to send multiple calls of 1.unbounded into 1.1 on the same mapping, how to do this.

Regards

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

They had asked me the question whether PI is able to connect through a WCF based webservice

Yes

I think We can connect same as other web service using SOAP channel

Alternatively, is it possible for me to send multiple calls of 1.unbounded into 1.1 on the same mapping, how to do this.

for this you have to do this in Mapping using spit options meas change the occrance of massage in Mapping do the split logic on root message node

Regards

gagan

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

To give more update on this, the third party guys have developed web service using very simple ASMX web service and is just not designed for sending batches of data,

All we have asked is to change the child node to unbounded rather than parent node which will still go as a single call.

Does XI sees anything different between webservices created using ASMX or WCF. 

Please provide alternative approaches for sending data multiple time.

For eg.,

Source is 1.unbounded

Target is 1:1

How to send data using multiple calls to webservice.

Regards

Krish