cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return code 12 errors in SAP BW transports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you please clarify , why the RC 12 errors in SAP BW transports in general scenarios. Actual I am facing the same RC 12 error while transport the our BW transformation to production box ,where as we didn't any warning/error message in quality box of same transport.

Thanks in advance for valuable replies and past experience on this error.

Best Regards

Ramarao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Possible reasons could be :--

1) Technical issues in the importing process

2) Sequence of transports

3) Dead locks in import queue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suman

manna_das
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ramarao,

Refer to the following doc, page 5, where u will find the error code 12, Reason and Fix.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40e196fb-8eda-2d10-c6b1-dc2e52009...

Kind Regards

Manna Das

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

In other SAP systems such as SRM, ECC, etc. RC=12s are system related issues; however, in BW they could be content related issues. Majority of the time I have seen them to be caused by inconsistencies in transformations. I would advise you look at the short dump caused by the RC=12 in ST22 and search on Service Market place for notes to resolve the particular short dump. There are quite a few notes and utilities delivered by SAP to resolve these issues. I am still trying to understand the main reason why a transformation would become inconsistent all of a sudden. If someone else have that understanding please share. I intend to dig through SAP code that generates transformation programs to see if I can find something.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

RC-12 shows when you system have issues. so its need to rectify by basis team only.

This is not related to transport sequence or collected objects.

Please check with your basis team. They will find the problem where it is.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

any general scenarios of the RC12 error in BW transports?

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hard to say. because most of the time solved by basis team. so we are unable get that kind of issues to explore.If you try on Google you may get. but not sure.

If possible try to share your logs it better dig further.

Please check this may give idea.

Transport+Return+Code+Status

Thanks

MGrob
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

can you show the error log of the import.. there any rc past 12 is a termination of the transport which is a serious error normally is not caused by the contents of the request.

RC
13: The transport tool was terminated by the operating system with a signal.

14: The transport tool terminated for an unknown reason. See Note 43552.

16: The transport tool terminated due to an internal error.

hope that clarifies

Martin

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramarao,

I faced this error once-My BASIS team dropped me a mail stating that requested got imported with RC 12.

When i asked the reason then got to know that when the import of request was going on,due to some issue during that time they took quick shutdown of BW server.

So for the same reason RC 12 occured.

Hope this gives an idea.

Regards,

AL