Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Free ticked in PO for particular Vendor

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We have a lots of vendor, All vendor takes payment.

But one of them comes relationship with our MD.

So the vendor don't take payment.

We have to treat his company as a Vendor,

So I want to go with the "FREE" option in purchase order.

Then all stock accounts are hit, but it will not hit on GR/IR or any types of external activity.

I want to make this field auto ticked for this particular vendor.

How can it possible?

Thanks

DEV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

There are 4 options:

1. In Info- record, under conditions you have to select free goods issue and you have to maintain condition record which will then be reflecetd in PO. To go with this option you have to maintain PIR for same vendor but for different materials that you procure from that vendor. Search in forum to user free goods in inforecord.

2. You can maintain discount condition in PO which will be as same time consuming as that for manually ticking free goods indicator in PO.

3. If you want to avoid all manual work, then best option is to go for a small development in which the logic will be for only this vendor+ plant+company code+ transaction code+ PO doc type. in item level 'free goods' indicator should be automatically ticked. and Invoice will be automatically unticked as per standard.

4. In Vendor master there is a field 'Grant discount in kind'. You can find document on this also. This act as similar to free goods. Please check all the options try them. Check this link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40d49e9d-3128-2d10-82aa-c6c7f3994...

Hope these solutions works for you.

Regards,

Priti.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. We are not using Info record in our organization.

2. When I maintain Discount as 100% then net price is getting 0 and show error message.

If I ticked "Accruals" for condition type. Then GR/IR still hit.

3. It can happens, but generally don't want to do via development.

4. Not working, Its dependent on material and info record...

Thanks

DEV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If these all are the cases then you yourself knows the answer... sap standard will not work. The only option i can see is you better go for a development.

Regards,

Priti.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just want to know is there any option for vendor to make the field "free" as ticked on PO,

Or untick "Inv. Receipt" automatically whenever they choose the particular vendor.

Either As per my business process. What should be better for me. How can I block accounting entry for particular vendor.

Thanks

DEV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

Will this work??

Case: 1. Create PO

2. Create GRN. Acc entries will be done.

3. You do IR with amount as 0. this will nulify your GR/IR acc.

Hope so this solution works for you. If not then you go for manually activating 'Free goods' or you have the option for development.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very good options by priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice workaround!!!!! Priteeeee

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Jürgen L ,

I want your suggestion for my this scenario.

Thanks

DEV

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

with the given info I would say it cannot be achieved without development.

But you wrote "But one of them comes relationship with our MD...."

if you could explain this relationship in more detail in in regard to the SAP system used, maybe there is an option for a different process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

Though I'm also anxiously waiting for Jürgen L ,Sir's reply on this interesting issue.

Still I dare to open my mouth.....

Please create new valuation class for all such material.

Assign same G/L to BSX & GBB in OBYC.

So GR/IR will not hit.

Regards,

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Material is not different as of this vendor and other vendors.

Thanks

DEV

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Jürgen L,

Actually The owner of this company(vendor) is a relationship to our MD (brother-in-law).

The company(Vendor) procures our material as per normal procurement.

But the company doesn't take any processing charge for subcontracting process.

Our previous team of SAP makes this company as vendor.

I can see the lots of amount has credited on GR/IR account. I can clear this manually.

From now, I want any transaction for particular this vendor doesn't hit any GR/IR or External activity(Tran./event key FRL) for subcontracting process.

I have checked the process of "Free" tick box in Sub Con PO, that process fulfill my requirement completely.

But the problem is that, Whenever the user forget to tick the free option it hits on GR/IR and FRL account.

Its little bit on risk.

One an user did this and forgot this, its very hard to find the particular transaction for GR/IR clearing time or FRL clearing time..

Thanks

DEV

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the question is if they are both on the same SAP system, if they are just plants or real legal entities.

Because then the process could be done as standard STO  and the production process instead of going thrugh external processing.

If it is a real external process, then you may need to default the free indicator via BADI/Exit

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sir,

STO can't be done here.

Because for STO we need to treat this vendor as plant.

but this is a vendor, not a plant.

It is a external process..

Okay.. Thank you sir .

I think I have to go for a development.

Thanks All.

Issue closed.

DEV

former_member182489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dev,

Do you simply need to transfer Stock from  Plant to plant capturing no external cost other than Inventory cost ?

If so why cant you a plant to plant  with 301 Movement type in MB1B

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may create new PO document type to handle the purchase of all free goods. Make the "Free" indicator as mandatory for this document type. Whenever you are purchasing goods for free, you can use this document type. It will be easy for tracking purpose too.

Regards,

AKPT

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firstly this is a subcontracting PO. And its not a free goods. I just want to avoid the GR/IR credit and Processing charge debit for account entry for this particular vendor.

@ AKPT MM , It can happens, but unfortunately my users are creating PO from a Z-screen, and its developed as a particular document type.

Thanks

DEV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dev,

As all the options provided by experts are not working for you, lets try it in different direction.

As you have said you do not have to pay to vendor, then can this case as described below be helpful for you?

Case: 1. Create PO

2. Create GRN. Acc entries will be done.

3. You do IR with amount as 0. this will nulify your GR/IR acc.

Hope so this solution works for you. If not then you go for manually activating 'Free goods' or you have the option for development.

Regards,

Priti.

former_member182489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Dev,

Sub contarcting process with Vendor payment ZERO

Create PO with Free goods tick

GI of components to Sub con Vendor 541 Movement Type

GR 101 for the SFG/FG  and 543 for components issued

accounting entry

BSX) Stock A/c of Assembly - Dr

(BSV) Change in Subcon Stock - Cr

(BSX) Stock A/c of Components - Cr

(GBB-VBO) Consumption A/c of Components - Dr

No Miro posting as we dont have any GR/IR Triggering .

Please try in QAS in let me know

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Priti,

If I post IR with amount 0, then the price goes to a G/L.

What would I show for this G/L to auditors?

Thanks

DEV

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manu,

I think you haven't read my requirement.

I want the free tick automatically comes in PO creation mode for the particular vendor.

Thanks

DEV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prasoon,

Your solution sound more relevant.

& now if user say that i will not select particular document type in case of Free good then "god will only help" to user!!!

0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to use PO Badi like ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST, where in apply the validation on Vendor for auto tick of FOC with the help of Abaper.

Regards,

Deepak Mankeshwar

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Lucky to have such vendor .

You can treat this vendor as normal vendor but maintain a discount condition with 100% discount.

It will not hit any GR/IR due to 0.00 value.

Regards,

Amit

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

It was laughing to hear from you.

But did you try this in system?

If I make 100% discount for this vendor in MEK1.

Then net price is getting 0 and show an error "Net price cannot be 0"

If I make this error to warning. This will effect for all vendor.

I want for the particular one vendor ..

Thanks

DEV

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

The Free check box you have highlighted if ticked when you configure free goods (inclusive / exclusive) conditions for your article.

You active Discount in Kind property in Article and in Vendor, you can achieve this by having inclusive free goods discount conditions.

Regards,

Amit

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Firstly its not for material, The vendor can procure any types of material.

I don't want to use GR/IR and any types of external activity for the particular vendor.

I have check this, If free is ticked in PO my requirement is fulfilled. No need to other configuration.

And one think i have to tell you that its a subcontracting process.

Thanks

DEV