Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure Solution Manager 7.1

raj_sapbasis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to configure my Solution Manager 7.1 such way that i can approve the SPAM/SAINT update for downloading from download basket. I do not know how assign my s-user id in SAP solution Manager 7.1

Can any one help me out with this setting?

I wanted to know following steps....

1. How to assign s-user id in SAP Solution Manager 7.1
  2. How to connect to SAP Service Market place from SAP Solution Manager 7.1
  3. How create an SAP system for which support packs can be downloaded
  4. How to approve the support packs in download manager

Waiting for your valuable suggestions.

Best regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Use Transaction AISUSER to assign Suser ID

Add your system in solman SLD, migrate to LMDB

Use transaction MOPZ to calculate the support packs

In MOPZ all the downloads in the download basket will be approved.

regards

kartik

raj_sapbasis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have enter t-code AISUSER. Now what is the user and contact person to be entered. I have only S-user number and password. There is no option to enter s-user number and password in the initial screen of AISUSER.

If you do not mind, please give me clear instructions on how to enter my user details in SAP Solution Manager 7.1

Best regards

Raj

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

In User column enter the SAP user ID, contact person column enter the SAP OSS ID.

regards

kartik

raj_sapbasis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik

Can you tell me how to find my OSS ID? I am new to using this.

Best regards

Raj

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Have you ever logged in SAP Service Marketplace using SAP OSS ID? You need to ask your Netweaver Administrator lead for OSS ID or Project lead to get it.

regards

kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Do you have an S-User id..? the user with which you login to http://service.sap.com.

You Need to complete the basic configuration in solution manager using transaction solman_setup. Once you complete the same you need to add the system to solution manager and same could be done following the below mentioned docs,

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-45612

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-45579

Upon completion of the above mentioned steps you need to do the mapping of s-user with the sapuser in transaction AISUSER,

If your user in solution manager is "RAJ" and your s-user is S0009229333, then your entry should look like below,

Upon completion of the above steps, you could navigate to the transaction "solman_workcenter" and then to "Change management" and then "New Maintenance Transaction" and navigate through the screens and you could approve the support packs in the download basket.

For approving the files in the download basket please refer the below link,

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-48554

Thanks

Sheetal

raj_sapbasis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

I have s-user id and able to logon to SAP service market place (service.sap.com)

You asked me to enter s-user is in user column and OSS ID in contact person column, I am not understanding about OSS ID.

OSS ID and S-user is are different?

My intention is to download only SPAM/SAINT update, Please help me how to get SPAM/SAINT Update file. SAPKD73149 - SPAM/SAINT Update - Version 7.31/0049

I have Solution Manager 7.1 installed. I have to update my SPAM/SAINT in ECC 6.0 system.

Please tell me how to use Solution Manager system to approve the SPAM/SAINT update.

Best regards

Raj

raj_sapbasis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sheetal

First of all, I am understanding how to complete all the steps in solman_setup. There are lot of options.

Secondly, I have enter user name which is created in Solution Manager 7.1 and the Last 6 digits of my S-user id. When I save, I am getting following status message.

'Partner 000xxxxxx not found - see long text. xxxxxx are last 6 digits of my s-user id.

Is it very lengthy procedure to setup just to download a simple patch?

Please help me download SAPKD73149 - SPAM/SAINT Update - Version 7.31/0049 file.

Best regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I understand your concern, but unfortunately it is mandatory. And moreover the configuration part is a one time procedure. And later for approving the patches you need to follow the last document which I shared.

It will be giving a warning and you can ignore the same, press enter twice or thrice and it will let you save the entry.

Thanks and Regards

Sheetal

raj_sapbasis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sheetal

I have successfully saved user name and contact person using AIUSER

I am following your document http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-48554

I have clicked on New maintenance transaction in the initial screen of solman_workcenter

it is asking me to enter the user name and password. I have entered default user solman_admin and its password. I got the following error in the browser

500 SAP Internal server error

ERROR: Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible. (termination: RABAX_STATE)

Can you please tell me how to proceed further

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I hope you have completed the basic configurations in solution manager using transaction solman_setup.

Regards

Sheetal Joyce

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>it is asking me to enter the user name and password. I have entered default user solman_admin and its password. I got the following error in the browser

You should use the userID which you have maintained in transaction AISUSER

raj_sapbasis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil

The user which is assigned in AISUSER is the user which is created by me within SAP Solution Manager 7.1

I have tried to enter this user when create new maintenance transaction option in solman_workcenter prompts me to enter. I am getting the same error as earlier.

I hope you understand my problem. Please help me if you can.

Best regards

Raj 

raj_sapbasis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sheetal

I am not able to proceed further in solman_setup screen.

I am the first step, that is System Preparation. I am not able to understand what exactly to do.

Please help me with step-by-step procedure to complete solman_setup

Best regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

You have to complete the Basic Configuration before using the scenarios,

You can refer to the document available in service marketplace to complete the Basic Configuration,   

Guided Procedure for Configuration of SAP Solution Manager - SOLMAN SETUP - Part 1

Guided Procedure for Configuration of SAP Solution Manager - SOLMAN SETUP - Part 2

I would suggest you better get help from someone in BASIS team or who has worked on solution manager, otherwise it will not be that easy to complete the configurations.

Thanks and Regards

Sheetal Joyce