cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

project structure changes - where its captured ? change docs does not capture it ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

In PPM Project side structure, if I add or delete a task or modify it, does change documents captures the change ? It does not work this way - i tried.

I know snap shot comparison could be used for this purpose, but do we have any change log where these are logged, if not any other way of getting a report ?

thanks in advance.

Devi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bisset & Ravi for your reply, but I did the basic settings, if you read my original post. I tried - it wont work.

If I delete a task from structure, its not captured anywhere at project or phase level in 'change document' tab. Its weird actually.

The only way to understand is to look at tasks which were below the delete tasks - at change document level, the sort number 'old value' and 'new value' tell us a task is deleted !

I think the change log of project structure should be captured at phase or project definition level. It wont do it now - Is there any solution for this ?

thanks in advance

Devi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Devi,

What PPM version and service pack are you on?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bisset,

We are in

CPRXRPM 500_702 0009 SAPK-50009INCPRXRPM SAP Portfolio and Project Management 5.0

thanks

Devi

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Devi,

As far as I know, some changes in the tasks should be registered in change log ( example sort order) by default this data element is activated in change doc.

Other topic is "deleted tasks", I think if you delete a task is not reflected the change, you lose the task information,  the only option you have is compared it against a version. But this is a normal behavior for a deleted object, isn't it?

Not sure if this helps you,

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Clara.

Deleting a Task, we loose the tab and all related information of the task. But we could expect that is captured as a structure change at phase or project level.

We may end up in a custom report, as our project managers change the project structure per business requirements and they want a status report.

Thanks everyone who responded ...

-Devi

former_member289377
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Devi,

We have the same issue at my current customer. We are also looking at creating a custom report later this year to capture "Deleted" PPM Project elements.

Best wishes,

- gerald

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

1) As told by Bisset, you need to switch-on the configuration "Activate Change Documents" in SPRO-->Collaboration Projects-->Basic Settings.

Add new entry with Object type 'Project' and activate change documents.

if you enable  this object type, then all the project elements below project like phase, tasks etc.change logs also will be captured.

2) To view change logs in cProjects application, login to cprojects & go to 'User settings' and tick mark 'Display change documents' in General tab. When you re-login after changes, a new tab "change Documents' will appear for every project element in the 'Detail' view screen.

Hope this is useful.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Devi,

Change documents have to be turned on in config. There are separate config switches for turning on change in portfolio and another in project management. To view change documents, the user ID has to have the change documents parameter switched on.

Regards