cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap Q info record valid from date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to set up a scenario where I cannot order from a vendor in case the delivery date on the PO line item is after the release date on the Q info record. I have the PO block set in the drop down and have assigned the QM control key in the material master with the block inactive checkbox deselected. The delivery date on the PO line item is 11/05/2013 (MM/DD/YYYY) and the release date is 11/27/2013 (MM/DD/YYYY). I was expecting the PO to be saved with no issues but somehow it gives me the error "Procuement ot material xxxxxxxx blocked for quality reasons" Can any one tell me what is causing this to happen ? What I am looking for is to have PO with delivery date of 11/26 or before to be created but any POs with delivery date of 11/27 or more to be blocked.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't believe you'll be able to do that with standard SAP.  SAP blocks the placing of PO's if the vendor is blocked.  (this is the case here since the Q-info record isn't released yet.).

CS

Former Member
0 Kudos

did not understand your statement about "(this is the case here since the Q-info record isn't released yet.)." Could you elaborate ?

The release unti date of the Q info record is defined as 

"Date Until Which the Release Is Valid

Latest date, on which the material for the plant can be ordered from the vendor."

Maybe I am interpreting it wrong but it sounds as though it the the date till which I can place POs for that material vendor. Does it not work like that. What I am looking for is if my Q info record date is 11/27/2013 then all POs on this vendor for this material which have a delivery date of earlier than 11/27 should go thru whereas anything on or after 11/27 should give me an error message. If the Q info record does not do that then what is the purpose of that field and is source list validity the only option to block that vendor ?

Thanks

former_member221124
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi GS

I hope you found the solution yet. If yes please share it.

Also I was thinking if this block is activated directly in Vendor master such error message may come although as per QI record the Release day is not reached.

The system always first checks the vendor master record to verify if any block is applied or not for procurement functions. If such block is not set in vendor master then system checks it in Quality Info record.

Please corrrect me if i am wrong.

Regards

Mohanty

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But it's not based on the delivery date, it's based on when you attempt to create the PO.  Therefore, if I create a PO today for delivery 12/1/2013 and my release date on the info record is 11/27/2013, the order would not be blocked.

You might find the GR might be blocked on 12/1/2013 but the placement of the order won't be.

Craig

Answers (0)