Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to stop update work process

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

this is mahesh

in my dev server 3 update workprocess are running very long time .how to stop that 3 update workprocess .i am already deleted the error update record in sm13

pls tell me how to change this work process running mode to waiting mode.pls give me solution.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

tim_buchholz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mahesh,

the update request being processed by the update work process is not shown as erroneous in SM13. You will have to stop the work process as stated from SM50 if you want to cancel update processing. However, this will mean that there is an update request in initial state in SM13 and the enqueues (SAP locks) associated to that update request will still be set in the system (which might cause other problems). So you should take a deeper look into what the work processes are doing and why they are not coming to an end (deadlock on database?)

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mahesh,

I guess you want to terminate the workprocesses.

Go to SM50 select the update process you want to terminate then in menu bar goto <b>Process </b> and then select <b>Cancel without core</b>.it might take some time but the workprocess will get terminated.

In case it takes too much of a time kill it at OS level.

Please award points accordingly.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Message was edited by:

Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

for quick restarting goto sm14 click on deativate to stop then activate the updates in the same tcode

sm14

samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

goto SM50 --> select the WP which you want to cancel --> click on processes --> cancel without core.

Cheers,

-Sunil