cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it neccesary install SMP 2.3 for use "Work Manager 5.3 app" ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone !

I am trying to install Work Manager 5.3 app for Syclo, but i am having some troubles, actually i'm getting confused about this new SUP (SYBASE UNWIRED PLATFORM 2.1.3) now named SMP (SAP MOBILE PLATFORM) 2.3 and all its stuff.

anybody can tell me what are the steps for install Work Manager 5.3 ?

What is the difference between the agentry from the SDK Folder, and the agentry from the Work Manager 5.3 ?

SDK SMP 2.3 (FOLDER TOOLS)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gian,

Work Manager 5.3 was released with a particular version of Agentry (6.0.22).  SMP is the SAP Mobile Platform which is the combination of Sybase Unwired Platform and Syclo Agentry. When the product development team released Work Manager 5.3, the SMP 2.3 did not exist yet and the Agentry version 6.0.22 was used.

You may stay with 6.0.22 version of Agentry and you do not need to use SMP 2.3. If you need bug fixes against the Agentry platform, then you may just install the 6.0.22+ patches.  Most current Agentry patch is 6.0.32 (and 6.0.34 for iOS client). A new release of Agentry 6.0.36 is coming out shortly within a month or so.  You may download the Agentry patches in the Support Portal download software section - search for Agentry (see sample picture):

SMP 2.3 was released with Agentry version 6.1.0.3.

If I were you I will stay in the Agentry version 6.0.X until a new Work Manager product comes out that gets released for Agentry 6.1.0.X, 7.X or SMP 3.X.

To answer your question: just install the Work Manager 5.3 (it comes with Agentry 6.0.22 installed in it).  Don't worry about the SMP 6.1.X SDK. The WM 5.3 installer is packaged with whatever files you need to run the application (you may just patch it as needed - review Agentry 6.0.X patch notes - you may Google Agentry Patch Notes 6.0.22, 6.0.24, etc).

Or click this link:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=332726583 or http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/NwHVEw

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mark Pe, for your time,

another question ?

Which Work Manager Version works with SMP 2.3 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

All versions can be upgrade to work on SMP 2.3

Stephen Streeter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whats the diference between Work Manager 5.3 and Work Manager by Syclo

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gian,

Work Manager by Syclo is the version prior to Work Manager 5.3 and before Syclo got acquired by SAP. It is a version where most of the naming convention and manual still states Syclo in it. Work Manager 5.3 came after it and was officially named SAP Work Manager 5.3.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure ?

is it possible to install work Manager 5.3 & SMP 2.3 together ?

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gian,

The answer is yes that it is possible.

Would I do it, no unless you want to do more QA or regression testing.

I will wait for a product that comes out with it built in (this is my recommended approach - a lot will take this route).

To migrate or upgrade from a 6.0.X Agentry to a SMP 2.3 or SMP 3.0 server requires a lot of stuff to be done.  There are 2 options to it.  One is just simply copying files to certain directories but this option is not upgradable for future version or you will have a hard time maintaining it whenever SAP gives out a new version.  The 2nd option is to touch the source code of the Work Manager 3.0 Java code (recommended) to call certain Agentry methods (i.e. com.syclo.agentry.Server.findConfigurationFile)

to get the correct files to migrate over.  The document to this is still in the works and only key Agentry core developers may know how to do it (or SAP consultants who have access to these same Agentry core developers - the people I know are in the UK who has done this but all of them are solid Java developers).

So I will be in the conservative side and just install out of the box Work Manager 5.3 with its corresponding Agentry release and stay within the patch version of that for a sucessful production deployment.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Again Mark pe.

Answers (0)