Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC on HANA Cluster/pool tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi HANA experts,

We have installed ECC on HANA.

We have also imported HANA Live for ECC on HANA.

However some of the Calculation Views couldnt be activated.

The reason being the underlying tables are still clustered / pooled.

Does anyone have any idea to decluster or depool the tables or is there any workarounds.

Any kind of pointers are welcome.

Regards,

Biju

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Biju,

As per OSS Note 1785060, run program  SHDB_MIGRATION_CHECK after migration to perform following checks

Declustering

Depooling

Row/Column Store

Secondary Indexes on ColumnStore

• For Declustering/Depooling , an additional OSS Note 1849890 may need to be implemented in order to make sure all tables are checked for conversion. Sometimes, few of  the tables are left off without being converted and if so the OSS Note does have a process to re-convert them after the migration as well.

Usage of Cluster or Pool tables for this reason needs to be performed prior to migration and after upgrade (refer to HANA-tization section of the Second Series of Webinar)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Suma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suma,

Thanks a lot for your pointer. I would definitely try this out and let everyone know of the results.

Regards,

Biju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hana Live experts,

Where can I find HANA Live Content views column mapping document?

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Biju,

After the installation of HDB, have you followed these steps:

1. Schema mapping,
  2. Deploying Content package (How you did this. Using Solution manager or downloaded zip files?)
  3. Generate Time Data.

Also some of the tables must exist in HANA system to use a content package.

Say for example, for Instance HANA Content ECC Server, below tables are must:

DD02L,DD02T,DD03L,DF14L,DF14T,TADIR,TDEVC,DD07L,DD07T,T000,T005,T005T,

T006,T006D,T006T,TCURC,TCURE,TCURF,TCURM,TCURN,TCURR,TCURS,TCURT,

TCURV,TCURW,TCURX,TTZD,TTZDF,TTZDV,TTZZ.

Regards

Raj

Prabhith
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Biju,

If I remember correctly, the pool and cluster tables are supposed to be converted to transperant tables. I think there was an SAP Note also - 1785057, which had a portion exclusively on  Automatic conversion of pool and cluster tables into transparent tables.

Please check if that SAP note number is the right one!

BR

Prabhith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhith,

I am aware that pool/cluster tables are converted into transparent tables while migration.

However how can i do the declustering after migration since i can see them clustered now after migration. I am not aware how exactly the migration was done by the basis team.

Is there an automatic or manual way of depooling or declustering the tables after migration.

Any idea.

Regards,

Biju