Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polling not working for Sender FTP Channel

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I have generated a scenario where the FTP Communication channel is  looking at one folder where the customer drops 15 ZIP files , and i need to pick them at an interval of 5 min.

However, the interval is not working and all the messages are picked at one instance.

This is blocking my other processes.

So can you please suggest what is wrong or what can be done to fix this.

Its a sender FTP channel, and the connect mode is " Per file transfer " and the polling interval is 300 sec.

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

connect mode : " Per file transfer " doesnt mean to take only one file, this means that the PI system will create one session per file, but the PI will get all files.

Regards.

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Inaki,

Thanks for that info.

Then how can we  pick files from a folder at a  particular interval .

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

I would suggest to retrieve all files using a ftp sender - to - file receiver scenario.

Then create a script that moves a single file to a different location.

Create a file sender on that new location and execute the script using the 'Run operating system command before message processing', or schedule it on the OS.

Regards,

Koen

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I would like to point a little modification of Vrie's solution mentioned below. You could do two scenarios the first like Vries said FTP - NFS, and the files woul be stored in a PI directory. Later in the second scenario you can use the paramete wait to msec (check the right name in sa.help documentation) in the advanced tab, this parameter lets you to give a delay between files, only works on NFS, this is the ddecision because you need two scenarios.

Regards

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Polling interval is the time for which the channel waits, if no file is found for processing. So it has nothing to do with delaying of picking up the files.

In order to process the files sequentially, you can use the QOS as " Exactly once in order ". And if you can manage to have a time stamp in the file name, then in processing sequence parameter you can use date as parameter in order to process the file sequentially.

Regards,

Nitin Deshpande

0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

If picking 15 files at once is your requirement then you can move them to a different folder after picking.

In that way you can pick only your desired number of files.

In other words, move the files to a different folder after picking, or delete them if not needed.

If picking one file at a time is your requirement then you need to attach a time stamp to the file you process and reduce the time interval.

Thanks,

Arindam

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Arindam,

I have a requirement to pick one file at a time... So how can i add a timestamp to the file and also how do you suggest to reduce the interval from 300 sec to 120 sec.

Also i have a basic question that if the polling interval of 300 seconds is not working then what is the  purpose of that field in the communication Channel . 

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Sorry, to say, it looks easy but is not.

Maybe these can help:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3444694

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1472536

Idea is to run an OS script to give delay or this

http://scn.sap.com/community/bpm/blog/2013/09/27/sequential-split-of-messages-and-looping-in-nwbpm-p...

Thanks,

Arindam