Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMS different routes for different projects

marcos_dulgher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus!

I have a peculiar scenario in costumer. Today we have 2 projects running at same time in the same DEV system but in different QAS.

-----> QAS1

DEV                          

------> QAS2

My question is... Can I configure TMS to send requests of project 1 to QAS1 and requests from project 2 to QAS2 automatically?

There is anyway to SAP understand which requests should be send between servers?

I need to avoid any cross, I mean, cant import requests from project 1 in QAS2.

I already have a separation of projects in the system.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

willi_eimler
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

to answer your question: yes you can and no you cannot!

You have to consider three cases:

Case 1: Own development objects:
--------------------------------------------------
You can divide only the development by using different namespaces! This namespace you can connect to different transportlayers. And these, you can enter them in different consolidation routes.
Example:

DEV-System                                                                                              QA1-Sys.    QA2-Sys.
-----------------                                                                                               -------------   -------------
Namespace1 /NS1/ -> Transportlayer ZQA1 -> Transport route ZCR1 -> QA1-Sys.

Namespace2 /NS2/ -> Transportlayer ZQA1 -> Transport route ZCR1                     -> QA2-Sys.

Case 2: sap standard objects:
-------------------------------------------
The problem is that sap-standard objects cannot automatically send to different server, because you only can use ONE transportlayer for sap objekts! And with one transportlayer you cannot automatically send them to different systems!

Case 3: customizing objects:
------------------------------------------
Make two clients. You can automatically send customizing requests with transport groups (connect the transport routes with the transport groups) to your QA-systems. Use Client1 for the QA1-System and Client2 for QA2-system

Sorry, I’m short in time. I can give you a detailed information on Monday.

Best regards
Willi Eimler

willi_eimler
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Marcors,

I don't have time to give you a detailed information today and from Tuesday on I'm in hospital.

Best regards

Willi Eimler

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
leelamohan_kavali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

We are also doing same like 2 Projects, But here countries are difference, But we are using same server Dev.

But in your case difference countries or same?

Regards

Mohan

marcos_dulgher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Same country for us Kavali.

leelamohan_kavali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

I think your generating separate TR's for each and every activities in that case i think there is no problem and based on TR you can recognize.

Best Regards

Mohan

leelamohan_kavali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

I think your generating separate TR's for each and every activities in that case i think there is no problem and based on TR you can recognize.

Best Regards

Mohan

marcos_dulgher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sorry but I didnt got the point Kavali.

I can create separated routes for Packages but for customizing I cant do that.

In customizing case all requests follow the same route.