cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single sales order different delivery price

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

We are in MTO scenario, after running MRP we got sales order number let say of quantity 100 with price rs 20. Later on with this sales order

partial delivery happens on some date of quantity 50 with price rs 20 which is maintained earlier through VK11. Now second delivery happen after that date

with quantity 50 with price rs 10. How to handle this scenario please suggest.

regards,

Bijay Jha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Narendra,

thanks for quick response.

can we use valid to functions in vk12. please suggest

Regards,

Bijay jha

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Yes,by this way it will work.

10 rs till 11/30/2013

20 rs from 11/31/2013 to 12/30/2013 like etc.

Thanks,

Naren

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for suggestions. My query solved.

Regards,

Bijay jha

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Two options are there:-

One is assign "B" to field "Pricing Type" in copy control so that irrespective of sale order price, system, while creating billing document, will fetch price from condition record.

Next option is if already some other pricing type is assigned and  Business is not accepting to above proposal, change the price via VK11 and NOT via VK12.  By doing so, different price would be there with different validity period.  While creating billing document, user can maintain the requried pricing date and execute so that system will fetch price from condition record for that validity date.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While creating billing document, user can maintain the requried pricing date and execute so that system will fetch price from condition record for that validity date.

In the billing document (VF01, 2), I see that the field pricing date (VBRP-PRSDT) is in greyed out mode.

Could you please comment on how to change the pricing date in the billing document?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TW Typewriter

In VF02, you can't change the pricing date but in VF01, it would be in editable mode only.  The other option is VF04.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned in my previous post, according to my testing in VF01 the pricing date is in display mode (as like in VF02) i.e. can not be changed.

Could you please test and let me know?

If there are certain settings, to have the pricing date editable or greyed out in VF01, kindly let me know.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TW Typewriter

Once you execute VF01 and before hitting the Enter key, fields like Billing Date, Service Rendered Date and Pricing Date will be in editable mode only.  Once you key in Order / Delivery reference and hit Enter key, then these fields will be greyed out.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

G Lakshmipathi,

Thank you for your post!

Another new learning!

Side comment - We see screens so many times (like VF01) but the learning and discovery new stops!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very Nice sir I did not notice this, Well i am just a beginner.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As the solution to this issue, you suggested to create two pricing condition records with different values; the records having different valid from - valid to.

Then based on different pricing dates, the system would pick up the correct prices.

If there is one line item in the sales order, in the billing document can we have multiple line items having different pricing dates?

You have suggested how to change the pricing date in the billing document, with VF01. But would the pricing date given in VF01 be applicable for all the line items in the billing document?

In other words, if multiple line items in the billing doc have the same pricing date, then how would the system pick up two different prices (from two condition records)?

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear TW,

The query you asked is highly logical and very tricky.

Once you enter the pricing date in VF01 screen ---then system will search for the new condition records available for that specific date--also it can be controlled by Pricing type (like D- Copy pricing elements unchanged-then system will not search for new condition records and always copy from preceding document)

Hope this helps.

Note: This was already suggested by Mr Lakshmipathi's post....

Phanikumar

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Phanikumar,

My question was -

(suggestion given) create two condition records with different valid-from and valid-to dates.

in a billing document, different line items shall have the same pricing date,

thus how can two line items have different prices; as the pricing date is the same (for both line items)?

After I read the original post - I understand that there are two deliveries, and if two billing documents are created, then each bill shall have its own (different pricing date), thus different values.

If one billing document is created, then different prices are not possible!

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tw,

Can you please confirm--what your description of Multiple line items???

Same item as different line item (Material X in Line item 10 and 20 also)  or

Completely different items--( Material X in 10 line and Y in 20 line) ...

Please help to understand your point...

Also i may not  agree with your thought of """If one billing document is created, then different prices are not possible!""""".

Yes it is possible---can tell with example.

Create sales order with Qty 10.

The first five delivered one week back and later five now.(but billing not done for these two deliveries)

Now i am trying to create bill for these two deliveries ---the first delivered item with some price and later with different price.

I think it can be done in this way by changing manually or by maintaining separate price condition with added requirements in your pricing procedure.

Phanikumar

Phanikumar

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Phanikumar,

Also i may not  agree with your thought of """If one billing document is created, then different prices are not possible!""""".

Yes it is possible---can tell with example.

Create sales order with Qty 10.

The first five delivered one week back and later five now.(but billing not done for these two deliveries)

Now i am trying to create bill for these two deliveries ---the first delivered item with some price and later with different price.

I think it can be done in this way by changing manually or by maintaining separate price condition with added requirements in your pricing procedure.

I appreciate that we are discussing an issue in detail. This thoroughness shall add value to our knowledge.

Thank you!

I differ with you suggestions due to the below reasons -

1. How "complicated" should we make our pricing procedure?

We have to look at pricing as a whole (for a process), not just one requirement.

If you want to cater to a single requirement by having separate pricing condition types, with requirements; this would make the pricing procedure too "complicated".

Which I feel is not the right way to go, as it might open the possibility of errors.

2. Manual changes in billing document -

The disadvantage with manual changes are that the user can miss / forget to do these. Thus this might lead to incorrect prices in billing document and the related problems.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tw,

Thanks again for sharing the limitations and the threats involved by doing so.

I just given only to share that your feeling of """If one billing document is created, then different prices are not possible!""""".--is not correct.

Obviously it is up to the business to go with this risk or not...

Thanks for knowledge sharing.

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know whether you are using standard condition or Z condition type for pricing

If you are using Z condition type Then please check the values in the following field

1.Group condition and routine

2.Check any scales has been used for this condition type

Regards

Raneesh C N

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Create Z-condition type and keep field " Manual Entries " as " Manual Entry has priority" and and every time maintain amount manually in sales order or else keep  " Automatic entry has priority and every time change the record in VK12 for this condition type.

Thanks,

Naren