cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML to ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I heard that we can map XML to ABAP and vice-versa.

I want to know why we go for this mapping process.

Where its used.

How its used & its flow.

Is there any functional flow for this.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

with no XI in place u can have the ABAP code read XML fiel and place it in an internal table for processing. WRT XI it happends via proxies

Message was edited by:

Prabhu S

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

u wud need to have IR,ID obejcts in place and the documents flows into/from r3 in the xml format. For client proxies mapping happens by the way it is defined in Ir and for server proxies we need to have method activated and use the strucutre for reading the data

Message was edited by:

Prabhu S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wats IR ,ID objects.

Is there any link or document to read.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

IR :Integartion Repsitory

ID:Integartion Directory.

IR -> you define your data types , mesg. types , mesg. interfaces, Integration processes, mappings etc here. The software component in the SLD is imported to the IR.

ID -> the Business systems are imported into the ID. The interfaces in the IR and the mappings are used here to create a flow of your messages involved in a scenario.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/fe/39ae3d47afd652e10000000a114084/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0f/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0f/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm.

Message was edited by:

Sreeram Reddy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I went through the first link since i dont know the concept of XML i m not able to get the concept of style sheet etc.

it tells tht in XML data is transfered by meta data wat it means.

Thanks

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

U nede to go thru the following for understanding on IR and ID. In short IR is integration reposiotry where u wil desgin the interface and in ID (integrationdirectory) u will configure the designed inteface.

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/25/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-i

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/26/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-ii

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

u wud req to go thru all the three links to understand better

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for ur quick response.

Now i went through a document there i read some technical words like DOM,parser, stream etc.

Its a package right..

May i know its usage.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DOM, SAX are parser type when u go for java mapping . so for the start up u can ignore these terms. stream etc again u will use in udf/java mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks I dont have idea abt java, XI now i m going through the document ABAP to XML map concept.

I know only ABAP.

& xml is used in WEB.

How these r linked.

Whether we r fetching the data from the the database & processing it in web.

Have to read from scratch

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

XML is basciaaly used for loose coupleing of data. and this is the concept that roles behind using xml message in xi. the data is transmitted in the xml format in xi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maya,

in XI everthing is in XML . XML is standared way to send message to any system you interact.

you R/3 -XI- Web application. so all to communicate with all you need standered lang that is XML . so XI is use XML to communicate.

hope i am clear?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya now i got it.

Can u tell me any real time scenario.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

If we are using XI means is this mapping done automatically ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In XI we have adapters which convert the incoming or outgoing message accoding reciver or sender system language. from XI server to adapter engine it is XML ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

In XI we would have to do mapping , without that it will not do automatically.

Only we dont need mapping is if source and target structures are same .

Regards

Chilla