Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting error in transport saying unspecified error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have an issue in creating transport in MDM,

We have two ECC system and we have in/out bound maintained for two ECC system but for temporary  basis we need to stop interface to ECC2 so decided to change the processing type to manual from automatic in all in/out port for ECC2,

Below step followed,

Created transport reference (before doing the changes)

Selected export change file (delta) in console

We get option to select the changes to create delta file and I accepted all changes what is required,

After click OK button it takes some time after that I get error saying “unspecified error”,

Help to understand what the meaning of unspecified error and i have attched file for ref,,

Regards

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

I hope you did verify your repository before creating the delta and reference file.

If not,please do so and fix if any error is present and retest.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Ravi for your input,i have not verify the repository while creating ref and delta, referenace is already created and now pending with delta creation so can i do the verify before creating the delta?

Regards

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi i did the verify repository and found no errors and also checked with basis team to confirm the transport path and they confirmed that there is no authorisation issue regarding writting the file in transport path,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Refer to console guide for type of properties transferrable in outgoing file.

I do not think you can transfer port properties or calculated field expression etc.

Thanks,
Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi-yes we cannot transfer port and port details if we are exporting the repository schema but in this case just exporting the change file,same changes i had comleted for Customer repository and successfully created delta, but for materials i am not able to create delta file,

Regards

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Yes you are right,it should work with this repository too.

Did you check if the files got created in the transport folder?

If not please confirm this.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi- delta file got created for customer repo but still i have issue for material repository,

and we have created message to SAP regarding this issue,

Regards

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi-fyi

we got the solution from SAP for this issue and transport works fine now,

When the 'Import Schema' dialog is shown, there is excessive memory

consumption by the console leading to a failure in allocating memory.

The console application loads into memory the schema file (which is equivalent to source repository) as well as the current (target)

repository.

The memory consumption of the console is especially high when

there are big import and syndication maps in the source/target repository.

The console fails to allocate required memory given the memory limitations of a 32-Bit application, which are 3GB on a Win32 and 4GB on Win64

environment.

The issue was introduced with MDM 7.1

The problem is in MDM Console application, which is executed only in windows platform.

Solution

Current workaround is to:

Identify the redundant/biggest maps in the repository.

This information can obtain from XML export schema XML.

At first delete redundant/big maps from the source and target repositories.

It will reduce the size of the exported XML, and of the memory

consumption by a similar factor.

Afterwards perform the export and import of schema once again on the reduced target repository.

Exported Import Maps and Syndication Maps may manually be imported later by MDM Import Manager and MDM Syndicator applications

Answers (0)