cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Insp for Service process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

One of my client's requirement is that they want to do quality inspection for the service process. Based on the QI results only they will be making payment to the vendor for the service done by them. Now what my client wants is that they want to record the QI for the service done by the vendor.

I have consulted with my MM consultant, which he said PO for service process can be issued but in that service process PO you don't mention material, as it is only a service done. As far as my knowledge is concerned we will be able to record results in SAP only against the inspection lot number.

Can anyone tell me how to do quality inspection for the service process. Thanking everyone in advance for all your replies.

Regards

V. Srinivasa Ranganath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your Question is to create Inspection lot for External service procurment through purchasing cycle, by creating service PO, wihtout material master, then creation of Quality lot is not possible as the GR happens in background with service entry sheet acceptence and origin and type mapping is not available in this case

DD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please give the Service Process steps which you are following currently. If you are receiving service with reference to Equipment / Functional Location, then you can able to map through Inspection lot.

If not, you can't record any inspection results for service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, my client does service for material. For example it could be for AC repair, computer service, Machinery repair work or service etc., like that.

Can you specify how to map through inspection lot in sap for service received with reference to equipment/ functional location.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use inspection type 14 which is for calibration inspection of equipment. It generates inspection lot when a maintenance order is released. Pl refer following link for further details and see if this is useful for you,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/2d/352264448c11d189420000e829fbbd/content.htm

Regards,

ntn

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

For calibration processes, inspection lots can be generated once the maintenance orders are released. I'm not sure but you can explore this functionality to see if this suits your business for service orders.

Regards,

ntn