cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please suggest the correct approach for this scenerio

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

We have a requirement where sender is sending file and that file will come to PI and file will go out from PI only when data will come from MDM.That data will get append in the file structure.Than Final Message will go to receiver.

Please suggest,we cant use wsdl to get that information from MDM.We are left with only 2 approcah

1:)Java API

2)UDF

API will again require java resource to come in and whole structure will be changed to Java mapping.So,we are left with only one approach UDF.

Please suggest which is better.

Regards,

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

I have worked on a similar interface where I had a Global PI system in the landscape which was connected to MDM. So BPM in local PI system, sent a message to global PI, which in turn reached out to MDM to enrich the data and sent it back to Global PI which sent the data back. Then the data was merged with initial data and sent to ECC.

In short, BPM is the best solution for this scenario. Look at payload, frequency and see if BPM is feasible or not.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

Problem with this solutionis that in my project MDM data gets updated once in a week.So we will not get the updated information.This Interface runs daily.

So,If you can provide some UDF solution so that UDF will execute and pick the data as per need.

Regards,

Abhi

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav

Can you let us know what is the file structure or how you append  the MDM data to That file:

You can use following approach

You have two create two scenario

1 MDM to File

2. File to Receiver

1 MDM to File : you get the data from MDM and use append mathod at reciver side Use OS Command after message processing you can  rename the file with spacial name so that  your another interface pick that particular file only which is updated one.

2. File to Receiver

Pick the updated file  and post to receiver:

I assume your sender is local NFS, if not then schedule anothor interface (FILE(FTP) to FILE(NFS) Without ESR) before the MDM to File interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gagan,

Getting Info from MDM is a problem because they are not going to WSDL solution.Data is getting updated once in week in MDM and this interface runs everyday.So,we have to think some  alternative solution to get the correct information whenever  this interface run,

Appending the file is not an issue here.Only problem that we are facing is getting the information from MDM side ...

Regards,

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi

Without BPM this will be very tough to implement because your MDM system anf file system will both send messages independently.

Then how you are going to relate , which file is for which MDM message.

If the data can be received from MDM using an RFC , then you can do this using an java mapping.

In that case you will have only 1 interface for the file, inside the mapping you need to make a RFC call to MDM, get the data, merge it to the file data and then send it to receiver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi

As far as I understood, you will have two interface one for the file and the other one for MDM.

Now PI will send the file to receiver only when the MDM interface has received in PI.

You have to use a BPM in order to achive that.There has to be a correlation between the file interface and the MDM interface.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit,

How to correlate between the file interface and MDMInterface.If I propose BPM than it will have performance issue.and am also not sure bpm apprach will not be acceptable by client.

We have to use either API or UDF.

Regards,

Abhi

prasannakrishna_mynam
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

As per my understanding the PI has to connect to MDM system (But no WSDL), so here lets try the elimination procedure like now we don't have SOAP Lookup, we have another option JDBC lookup.

For your scenario, its necesasry to have a Lookup(UDF Approach), since you are not going for BPM because of the performance issues. So if you can achive it with the JDBC Lookup try this and you will have the data from MDM.

Best Regards,

Prasanna Mynam

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abhinav,

It depends on your requirements, in your connection from PI to MDM are you using updates/writes? If that is the case, you should not be using any mapping-based lookups in PI since your scenario is asynchronous (records could be updated more than once if there is a mapping/system error because of persistence). Best would be to use BPM.

If the PI to MDM connection only uses reads, then a mapping-based lookup in PI would be fine.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasan,

Thanks for sharing this info.If you can put some more light on JDBC Lookup...if you can share some more info on JDBC lookup and how to use in my scenerio than it would be great.

Regards,

Abhi