cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a dashboard using BEx query requires SAP BO server for OLAP connection?

bl_vijaykumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here we dont have "BO server" so I am unable to access BEx queries through "Query Browser" option in dashboards.

Another option to get connect with SAP is "SAP NET WEAVER Connection" we are able to get connect with query but while running dash board, it is throwing error "#1009 Allow external data access and consult query designer or CMC administrator". For my BEx Query i have checked "Allow access to external data".

Now my doubt is to "create a dashboard by using BEx queries, do we need BO Server?". Here in google I read like, for dashboard creation by using BEx Queries we need OLAP Connexctions.

Is this the only way or can we access BEx queries directly from SAP NET WEAVER.

please clarify my confusions and doubts..

thanks and regards..

vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194862
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You do not need BO server when using the SAP netweaver BW connection in the data manager however for the query browser you need to have BO server.

Check this KBA 1484847 - "Error #2032" while trying to import BEx query through SAP
Netweaver BW connection in Xcel...

This is prerequisites for SAO Netweaver BW connection.

By this you can view the dashboard in the BI portal i.e IRJ portal not the BI launchpad

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

Query Browser is an added feature in the latest version. We normally use the old SAP NW connection option to connect to BW > Queries.

Here,

BO server isn't required for Xcelcisus to connect to BW.

Regards

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

I think to connect to BEx queries through query browser a connection has to be defined at IDT or CMC level, is this possible without BO Server. Correct me if  i am wrong.

Thanks&Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Please go thorough the attached file.

http://decisionfirst.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/query-browser_blog-post.pdf

Regards

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Thanks for the reply. In the file sent by you the user has to log in at least once, here the user is login into Enterprise which means it is BO  server. Without the server how is it possible to connect through query browser?

Thanks&Regards,

krishna