cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm new to TDMS. I would like to know will there be any Test Server in TDMS? Like how we have development , quality and production systems, can there be any kind of test server to do the basic testing of our scramblings and then to do in live environment?

Thank you in advance,

Dheeraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

The best way to know about TDMS and practice in a test server is to register for a training. I have mentioned the details of the training in your other query.

Best Regards,

Farheen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farheen,

Thank you for your reply.I'm not talking about the training here. I would like to know if there is any option where we can test our scrambling rules before we really execute the package for whole data. For example, we want to scramble vendor data. If there is any mistake in the scrambling rule, the whole vendor data will be scrambled wrongly. and it will be difficult to revert back. Instead if we can test whether everyting is correct or not, can we have a test server to test the rules first?

Thanks & Regards,

Dheeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dheeraj,

There is well document guide on service market place on "How to do the scrambling". It explain all steps in details and available options as well. Regarding testing your scrambling rules, within the scrambling platform there is simulation option, that means before actually doing scrambling you can see the result in simulation mode.

hope it helps.....

Thanks,

Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Anita. This is what I'm looking for. Could you please give more details about Simulation? I couldnt find in document on scrambling rules . Where can I give those details?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Dheeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dheeraj,

When you will create a new scrambling rule and are done with all the required steps for creation of the rule then you will get the option of simulation. Which release and SP you are using ? This feature is available in TDMS 4.0 SP05. You can find this information in latest 'how to scramble data' guide on SMP, page number 35...I hope you have the latest version of guide....

Thanks,

Anita