cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making a changes to existing java dynpro

krishg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have to make a small change to existing dynpro. I am not familiar with the dynpro. Unfortunately the WAR file was not exported with the source code. As a result, when I imported the war file, there were no source code.

I can go to J2EE engine configuration and get the source files from the zip. Is there a easy way to incorporate the source files retrieved from NWA/j2ee engine configuration into my NWDS project?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

krishg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I was able to import the src.zip file (from NWA/ j2ee engine configuration) and make changes , create archive and re-deploy successfully.

Unfortunately, when I created my archive and re-deployed it, I noticed that src.zip file was not getting created (NWA -> Configuration Management -> Infrastructure - > Java Configuration Browser -> Local systems -> apps -> com.*** ->webdynrponame

For prior deployment, there was a content folder under the webdynpro application name. This time, it was not generated. What am I missing? Even though my changes are effective, I would prefer to export the source files to server (as it was done before).

krishg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Is there any way to ensure that the generated archives contain the source files? These development was done by person who has now left the company. and i want to ensure that source files are available in the server.

Or is this a functionality that has been deprecated and it is no longer possible to see the source files in this path?

After searching some more, I noticed the following comment,

you need to have the source files packaged within the EAR. If you created the EAR from using the Create Application archive menu in NWDS, there is no control on the default behavior and source files are not packaged. So you simply can not.

Import .ear file into NWDS

http://scn.sap.com/message/2022710

Is there any way to override this default behavior (or a way to create EAR with source files)?

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think the source code doesn't reside on server side,

ask the original developer for the source code.