cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC AC 10 - Notification after Request Cancellation via GRFNMW_BATCH_STALE_REQUEST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We wanted to configure program GRFNMW_BATCH_STALE_REQUEST to cancel requests that have been pending for 16 days and, upon cancellation, send a notification to the requester that their request has been cancelled.

I have been able to successfully configure the program variant to cancel requests after 16 days but I have not been able to trigger any notifications like I did with the GRFNMW_BATCH_EMAIL_REMINDER program.

Is it possible to configure a notification that is triggered by the cancellation of a request? Any guidance is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Stacey

I got the impression that this cancellation was a "Back-end" option for administrators to clear issues

Possibly you could look at a user exit/enhancement and do your own?

If you are trying to avoid a request being lost completely, maybe consider your MSMP escalation options sends it to a person if no action is taken after the 16 days to contact the requester or find someone to forward it to instead of cancelling?

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Colleen

Thanks for the feedback. Our concern is not necessarily about losing any requests but automatically cancelling requests that have not been addressed after a period of time. This includes requests from all of our active workflows: access request, function approval, risk approval and business role management.

Have you seen anything like this in your experience? What other ways have you seen old requests handled? Escalation?

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Stacey

I understand what you are trying to achieve but I still suspect this program is a "fix errors" not just a regular cleanup.

To alleviate your concerns, couldn't you at least have an escalation point in the MSMP that would occur before the cancel job ran?

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your clarification Colleen.

Answers (0)