cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubts for Alert functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I found each interface in my project(PI 7.1 is used) was configured with 2 alert rules in RWB-- one named sender rule, one named receiver rule... details similar as below:

sender: set specific value for sender constraints, keeping receiver all star

receiver: set specific value for receiver constraints, keeping sender all star except one sender component.

This is just for simple scenario which only contains one sender interface and one receiver interface, if multiple receiver involved, there will be even more alert rules. In short, the number of alert rules should be equivalent to number of interfaces...

I am thinking in this way to understand sender rule- if message failed with error like no receiver found, then alert rule will not be matched if receiver constraints are set in alert rules, so we have to create a sender rule with star configured for receiver details.

But why do we need the receiver alert rules? I am just thinking the sender alert rule has already contains the scenario of what defined in receiver rule, unless this rule is used for other interfaces which are using different sender interfaces... but in documentation, it was only configured for the same interface.

Is there any other aspects which I didn't consider that make the receiver rule mandatory? Please kindly share your thoughts, thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Alert rules are required to generate the alerts, in common case alert rules are filtered based on sernder information (sernder system/service and sender interface).

If you have more then one receiver for a sender and you need customized or different alert for that case you need to define alert rule based on receiver.

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Harish, so do you mean if there is only one receiver for a sender, it doesn't make much sense for a separate "sender" alert rule and "receiver" alert rule, right?

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The alert rules are generating the alert in case of message failure at integration or adapter level. Alert rule use the alert category to generate the alert, so if you are using one alert category for different sender or receiver the content of alert will similar.

If you use different alert categories then it is more logical to use different alert rules (for different sender and receiver).

I hope this will help.

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Harish.

Actually they are just using the same alert category for both sender and receiver alert rules, and for multiple receivers scenario, they defined multiple receiver alert rules which are all using the same alert category... I am just wondering these so called receiver alert rules can be removed without missing any alerts, correct?

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you can remove receiver alert rules without missing any alerts.

Regards,

Harish

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rcsegovia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Additional information http://goo.gl/3sLGEU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Long and short text description might be written specific to the Receiver (ALRTCATDEF ). though it can be customized using parameters.

Regards,

Pranav

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos