Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default a Value in a GUIBB

tonymarchionne
Explorer
0 Kudos

Everyone,

I am building a Fast Entry Screen for Specifications using the Floorplan Manager.  Some of the data that gets displayed is dependent on a specific field value called the Usage.  In the screen shot below, the displayed data is blank, because the Usage has not yet been specified:

However, there is another GUIBB that allows you to select the Usage.  When I choose the proper value, the data is dsiplayed:

The problem is that the GUIBB that allows you to select the proper usage (/PLMU/WDC_SPC_FES_USG_SEL_CFG) defaults to the first value in the table that it references.  This is the layout of the GUIBB:

Is there a way to specify the default value that I want for that field so that I don't have to scroll the list to select the one I want?  One caveat:  I am a functional person, not a programmer.  All of the set up I'm doing is done using the Fast Entry Screen Configuration; there is no ABAP code as I have no ABAP skills.  Does anyone know of a way to do this without coding?  Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

J_R
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

There are in principle two ways of providing default values:

- The programmatic way: You can set the value that should be displayed initially in the feeder class of the Form GUIBB.

- The non-programmatic way: You can use the implicit personalization capabilities of WD ABAP. For this, select the default value in the field, do a right mouse click, and choose 'User Settings' -> 'Use Current Value As Default'. However, as far as I know, this does not work in case of drop-down list boxes, but Input-Fields, Text Edit Controls, etc. only.