cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting agents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I´m setting the configuration of solman 7.1, but I´m getting a doubt or problem in 5.6 step (Connect diagnostics agents).

I´ve connected the Diagnostics agent of the BW system to SLD of Solman and when I try to get agents I don´t obtain anything.

What can I do?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I´ve registered each SMd Agent wit the next command:

smdsetup sldconf hostname:"servername" port:"5xxxx" user:"slddsuser" pwd:"xxxx"

The registration phase is right, but in the log I can see the message "Smd connector has been disabled"

I´ve tried with the j2ee_admin user and It doesn´t work.

The job SAP_LMDB_LDB_0000000001 from Set up LMDB is still running. Does it matter? I have to wait to finish this phase for do the next steps?

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ruben,

Here there are 2 problems, the error about agent, i never found that message sorry, don't know the cause about that; maybe a good option is o uninstall the agent and install a new one, here you have the setup guide about agents:

The second problem is that job LMDB is running for a long time, that job download information from SLD to LMDB, i can take a lot of time f you have a huge number of systems in SLD and on our first run it taked around 8 hours, the next runs take less time because the sync process is incremental.

Is your mamaged system on LMDB ? if not, you can assign diagnostic agent anyway trough managed system wizard.

Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lluís and Jose Luís.

I´ve uninstalled and intalled again the DAA and now I can see the agents system preparation.

For MOPZ is mandatory to do System preparation, basic configuration and Managed system configuration,isn´t?

Thanks a lot.

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use MOPZ withput fulfil al steps in basic and system preparation, but it's not recomend.

Managed System Configuration is partially mandatory, you only need to do that for allow you to use mopz:

1.- register system in SLD and send it to LMDB

2.- check technical system definition in LMDB, create product system and pass verification tool.

4.- Once verification tools has been pased you can create a maintenance optmicer transaction from LMDB directly.

Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lluis,

Can explain me this with more details?

I´ve finished correctly the system and Basis preparation but now on Managed system Configuration I can´t see the managed system. I only need to download the stack.xml and patches for a fresh ERP with EHP6.

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ruben,

1.- Open SLD and check if your system is there

2.- If it's there, go to sm37 and re-scheduler job "SAP_LMDB_LDB_0000000001", after that job run the system in SLD will be transferred to LMDB

3.- Open LMDB transaction, you will se 3 tabs: "product system"/"don't remember now"/"tech system"

4.- check if your system is in "technical system tab"

5.- If you can't see your system return to step "1", otherwise goto step 6

6.- open technical system editor and search a button "create product system", i think it is in software sub-menu

7.- open your product system and run "verification tool" and solve all warnings

8.- on header tab you will se a link that is in my screenshot named "create transaction"

Try that and tell me something,

Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lluís,

Thanks for your time.

1.- Open SLD and check if your system is there.In this point I can´t see the ERP system on Landscape>Technical System. I´ve tried to send the information to SLD with tcode RZ70 but during the process I get one dump, I think for the fault of several patches. Then It´s possible to create the system manually here, don´t?    I´ve created manually and now I can see it.

2.- If it's there, go to sm37 and re-scheduler job "SAP_LMDB_LDB_0000000001", after that job run the system in SLD will be transferred to LMDB. I´ve this job scheduled every 10 minutes. I´ve configured the system preparation and basic configuration.

3.- Open LMDB transaction, you will se 3 tabs: "product system"/"don't remember now"/"tech system"

The tab between them is hosts

4.- check if your system is in "technical system tab" Only Solman system appears.

5.- If you can't see your system return to step "1", otherwise goto step 6

6.- open technical system editor and search a button "create product system", i think it is in software sub-menu

7.- open your product system and run "verification tool" and solve all warnings

8.- on header tab you will se a link that is in my screenshot named "create transaction"

Try that and tell me something,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ruben, have you registered the Agent on SLD ?

# Registration of agent on sld

smdsetup sldconf hostname:"servername" port:"5xxxx" user:"j2ee_admin" pwd:"xxxx"

Regards,

Luis

former_member206167
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

Download latest Diagnostic Agent which has it's own sapinst. First uninstall current DA then install new version being carefull on registering each agent on Sap Solution Manager SLD. Then you'll see agents.

Regards