cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.30 option "Hide SAP Logon(PAD) in tray bar"

Former Member

Hi All,

We are in process of rolling out SAP GUI 7.30 patch 4. We have users accessing SAP GUI from Desktop, Citrix XenApp & Citrix XenDesktop. There is an option “Hide SAP Logon (PAD) in try bar”, which we want to enable for all the users accessing via Citrix XenApp & Citrix XenDesktop.

If anyone of you have implemented this scenarios, please suggest us how to enable option “Hide SAP Logon (PAD) in try bar” for all the XenApp & XenDesktop users.

Regards,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we had similar issue

user want to close sap logon pad but they are not able to close until they close all open SAP session.

but SAP provided a solution with SAP gui 7.30 patch 5 onwards called "Hide SAP Logon (Pad) to Tray bar"

if you enable this option you can close the sap logon pad without ending SAP open sessions.

if your option "Hide SAP Logon (Pad) to Tray bar" is disabled you can enable it via SAP GUI configuration->SAP logon Pad Options->General  here you can see this option.

if you can not modify via above said path...

you can enable by editing registry values... to do this follow as mentioned below..

regedit->HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->software->SAP->SAPLogon->Options-- here you can add new REG_DWORD value

Note: you may not find Options key after SAPlogon key, if you don't then just create new key called Options and add the below values..

Value name should be HideToTrayBar

Value Data  should be  1

I hope this helps

you can also check note 1749369 for more details

Regards

Ravi

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The registry value for this is:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\SAPLogon\Options

REG_DWORD HideToTrayBar

You could roll this out as a .reg file.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It could probably also be done as part of the installation routine in the 'On Install End' script, instead of distributing a .reg file, with something like:

strRegValue = "HKCM\Software\SAP\SAPLogon\Options\HideToTrayBar"

NwEngine.Shell.SetRegValue strRegValue, "REG_DWORD", "1"

You may need to fuss with that code a bit to make it work, as I didn't test that, but we set other registry values in our install scripts in a similar way.

Best regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

We are aware of HKCU & HKLM setting but you have mentioned HKCM, is it typo error or this is a seperate setting.  Can you please explain HKCM setting.

Regards,

Manish

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh, sorry about that, that was a typo on my part.  I meant HKCU (I think I conflated CU and LM in my mind as I was typing).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

HKCU is only for current user, in case we want to make it global for all users then, how should we handle it.

Regards,

Manish

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The same path exists under HKLM, although if your user is on a 64-bit platform it's slightly different:

32-bit:  HKLM\Software\SAP\SAPLogon\Options

64-bit:  HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\SAP\SAPLogon\Options

Bear in mind, though, that if a user has the same setting in HKCU, then that will take priority over anything in HKLM.  This is so that if a user manually sets something in their SAPLogon Options dialog, it will override anything distributed centrally by an administrator by default.

These registry settings are pretty much all described in the "SAP GUI Administration Guide" that comes with the SAPGUI installation DVDs (in NW_7.0_Presentation_, PRES1, DOCU). 

The "SAP Front End Installation Guide" (available on the DVD, same location, or available on the Service Marketplace under Release & Upgrade Info -> Installation & Upgrade Guides -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP Netweaver 7.0 (2004s) -> Installation -> 4 - Installation - Clients) has some information about how to modify these keys using installation server package scripts, as does the Installation Server Help documentation that is supposed to be available in the NWSapSetupAdmin tool (but seems to be missing in 7.30), and is downloadable somewhere on the Marketplace (you may have to search for it).  In those guides you'll find a few script examples for achieving different things, including setting registry values.

If you have a mix of 32-bit and 64-bit clients, you may have to put in some logic for detecting the OS version and then set the registry path appropriately.

--Matt

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

We do it on SAP GUI 7.2.

Its not working.

Please help.

DEV

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dev, can you be more specific?  What isn't working, exactly?  Do you mean hiding the SAPLogon in the Tray?  Or setting registry values via installation package scripts in general?  What OS are your SAPGUI 7.20 clients using, and is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Dev,

7.20 is not supported anymore, see the below note.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/147519

Please update to 7.30 as soon as you can.

Support for 7.20 ended in April of this year.

Regards,

Jude

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This is not implemented on 7.20 gui

You should note that 7.20 is not supported anymore.

Please update to 7.30 asap.

Jude