cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture webi prompt answer to an xml or text file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am wondering if BO stores the answers to webi/idt prompts anywhere in the system (BO server log files, cms db audit db etc). I have a requirement to capture this value and store it in xml or text file.

For eg. Consider a prompt asking for a country "Enter a Country:" and the user enters "USA". I want to capture "USA" and store it.

Let me know if there is any way of doing so.

Thanks.

Asad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The required Query builder query would be

SELECT SI_ID, SI_KIND, SI_NAME, SI_PROCESSINFO.SI_HAS_PROMPTS, SI_PROCESSINFO.SI_WEBI_PROMPTS, SI_PROCESSINFO.SI_FILES, SI_PROCESSINFO.SI_PROMPTS  FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS WHERE  SI_KIND = ‘WEBI’ and SI_INSTANCE = 0 and SI_PROCESSINFO.SI_HAS_PROMPTS=1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nedariya,

You can use UserResoponse() function in a blank cell or table. later schedule the report to  excel.

Now you can get the prompt value in excel. you can convert the excel file  to "XML" if you need it.

Regards

Subbarao M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you want to capture the userresponse for all historical runs or current run only. For current run the suggestion by Srinivas Anagani would work..

deshmukh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mishra,

UserResponse() shows up result in WebI report but how do we capture it to text or xml file please elaborate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deshmukh,

I overlooked the original question you want it exported to text not just display in the report.  The only way that comes to my mind is utilizing repository tables. I have yet to explore more on the instances in repository table. When I get a chance may be later tomorrow I will try exploring the options for instances.

Meanwhile lets refer to query builder super expert Manikandan Elumalai for suggestion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to use the UserResponse function.

UserResponse([Query 1];"Country")

Thanks

Srinivas