Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

live cache

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

i understand there are 2 memory units planning area(temproray like PC   RAM) and infocube,the planning area is base on which the planning book ,info objects all are placed and the planning results are stored ....and sometimes transfered to infocube which is another memory unit....then what is livecache where it is coming from somewhere i read "in fact the entire demand planning hovers around live cache which is permannent memmory  .......what is the exact correlation between live cache,infocube and planning area.any idea please

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

emani_raghavendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul

In general terms,Cache is some sort of memory where frequnetly accessed objects are stored.

APO system has 2 database APODB( Data base ) and liveCache. MOST part of transaction data are stored in liveCache.

Demand Planning is completely dependent on LiveCache as everything we save in Planning area's / books are stored in Live cache.

We can store permanent data in infocubes . And we can transfer these data from Infocube to Planning area ( Live cache ) through TSCUBE Transaction.

You can browse the SCN Forum for more information on Livecache.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/42/db70ae3f382cede10000000a1553f7/content.htm

http://scn.sap.com/community/scm/apo/livecache

Thanks

Emani

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

ok now i understand planning area is a synonym for live cache....planning area is also live cache and live cache is also planning area.

and Infocubes are one arm extending from live cache and is designated to hold the permanent data.....hope i got the point ..

emani_raghavendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul,

Planning area is not live cache or llve cache is not planning area .....

Just imagine your desktop / laptop  u can save your data in C drive / D drive  but eventually that is getting stored in a memory like RAM . Same like here  we are storing data in Planning book's and that is getting stored in Livecache.......

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have to say you'll need to change your mind on the understanding of APO. Planning area is not equal to liveCache, it's only displaying liveCache data. LivCache is the database for planning area, but also for liveCache order data which is planning area independent.

Generally users may not notice any infocube in APO system unless they do planning area data backup and recovery. But actually every planning area and planning object structure has its own infocube, which is maintained by the system automatically.

Good luck with your APO project~

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

Gud example....now i got the point.thanks ragav

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks ada ...got your point...just going through learning pangs 

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

LiveCache is one of the database used in APO system.

APO system has 2 database APODB and liveCache.

Generally master data and some other data are stored in APODB.

And some part of transaction data are stored in liveCache.

For APODB, you can use normal DB like Oracle, MSSQL, DB2, MAXDB.

For liveCache, their is no choice. (liveCache is one of the function

of MAXDB).

From new SCM release, you can use MAXDB for APODB and liveCache.

(But still there is 2 kinds of DB).

Info Cube are used to store the data which we generally Load from Flat file data or we are loading it from other systems like BW..

Planning Area is the where the storage of data is used for Planning Purpose in APO.Like you can perform various functionality like Demand Planning,Supply Network Planning based on the Key figures and Charecteristics assigned to them and other things are also in place.

There is lot more but may this information will be helpful for you to understand the basics.