cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP Forecast profile assignment GUID and background processing

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have set /SAPAPO/FCST_GUIDS = X. 

I have charcteristics at product and location (and others too).

I forecast at product = 123456 and location = 5001 and 5002.

The entry has a GUID and is stored within /SAPAPO/MSDP_FCST2.

What I want to acheive is that when I run background processing the GUID is used. 

However, in the background job I must choose an aggregation level.  (in Trns /SAPAPO/MC8E)

As I am using 2 locations I cannot obtain the aggregation level I require.

• If I choose aggregation level product, the GUID is not picked up --> as there is no GUID for product 123456 in /SAPAPO/MSDP_FCST2
  • If I choose aggregation level product and location, the GUID is not picked up --> as there is no GUID for product 123456 location 5001 or product 123456 location 5002 in /SAPAPO/MSDP_FCST2 (but there is a GUID for product 123456 location 5001 and 5002).

I cannot forecast at product level alone, it must be a combination of product and multiple locations.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue and how was it resolved?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, You must generate the forecast profile assignment the same level as you run background forecasting.

If you want to run forecast at location/product level in the background job, then in the interactive forecast run where you save the forecast profile assignment, you should also run at location/product level. If you load one product for multiple locations in interactive forecast run, you can perform a drill down to location before execute forecast.