cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SRM - what kind of purchases can't be made based upon a requisition?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Community Network members,

I am interested in opinions on what kind of purchases that can't be made based upon a requisition in SAP SRM 7.0 in order to define what should be in and out of scope for the line of business when doing Indirect procurement?

Additionally, I am interested in knowledge about practical use of the standard use of the "Limit Item" functionality available in SAP SRM 7.0?
- What do you use it for in your company (or what does your client use it for)?

Kind regards,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

If i understood your requirement correctly, here is the few points for Purchase from rquisition.

It is similar to like free text and you can have following input while doing the purchase.

- Product name and its description

- Product category

- Price

- Currency

- Unit of Measurement

- lead time

- Suggested vendors....etc. + the account assignment and cost object.

Limit item is a Blanket PO. You can have it for bulk Qty or Amount against Product category.

Best Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil - and thanks your prompt input,

However, what I am interested in to here more about the exceptions?

It's obvious you can't make PO's on everything, but what are the specific cases where it is not possible to make a requisition prior to the purchase (i.e. when people use their credit card to make a purchase).

In regards to Limit Item (or blanket PO) - do you have some practical examples of where this make sense seen from a practical point of view?

Kind regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I still do not understand your question

For any purchase you need to have PO as a legal document. A requisition can be made with any specific requirement. While creating SC you can use which Credit card will be used, this functionality is catered by P-Card in SRM.

Example of Limit PO : Create Limit PO of Material group-Stationary, the PO is of some 10000 USD and its validity is say some date. Now you can buy any stationary items under that amount from the particular vendor within its validity.

Best Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thank you again for a quick response.

We have not designed or setup the P-Card functionality in our SRM solution at this point in time. That's why I stated that it is obvious that you can not make PO's for credit card transactions.

Your answer to my question about the use of "Limit Item" is great input/valuable to the internal discussion we have right now with the line of business.

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Martin