SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment lot is broken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I do need real help on it. Please kindly get back to me.

The payment lot is manually closed and posted. Then the system was hung up and ran indefinitely. I tried to stop the session and the lot was broken. Then I reposted the payment lot. It was posted successfully. Now the problem is, it has created document numbers and cleared them against open items. These document numbers are present in my payment lot. I can see the clearing documents in FPL9. These documents does not exist in FPE3.  Please help me how to correct this payment lot.

Can I do a mass cancellation of all the document numbers generated based on my reconcillation key and repeat the posting. Please I do need it real urgent.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

Take the reconciliation key of the payment lot and go to T.code FP08M and chose the reverse documents options.

Once done, it reverses all the documents under that particular reco.key

Then, you can post the payment lot afresh.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

Take the reconciliation key of the payment lot and go to T.code FP08M and chose the reverse documents options.

Once done, it reverses all the documents under that particular reco.key

Then, you can post the payment lot afresh.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hallo Alman,

Thank you very much. Please reply back to me as soon as possible. But I checked the clearing document numbers in dfkkop and few are present and few not. 

This was the payment lot from 25.10.2013. After that the system has received other lots on 26,27 and so on...For the payment lot on 28.10.2013, the system has created the same document number again.

I mean If I open the lot which was broken on 25.10.2013, there is a document number.

If I open the payment lot from 28.10.2013, I have the same document number.

In my payment we are storing document number as well. In this reagrd, can i do mass cancellation and repost it again. Please get back to me. will it have any side effects.

please i need it real urgent. Kindly spare few minutes of ur time. Thanks a lot in advance.

0 Kudos

One payment document can't be posted  in more than one reconciliation key and that two under two different posting dates.

So that's why I am suggesting you to go by reconciliation key.

If you enter the reconciliation key and click display documents, it will show all the payment documents under that particular reconciliation key which are eligible for being reversed.

Moreover, if you say that the same payment document no.is in some other payment lot (I don't know how's that possible , as payment document is Unique), then take one of them in the selection criteria and then try to reverse and see what's happening.

Hope it clarifies.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks a lot for your time and efforts. Now From the payment lot which was broken has posting date as 25.10.2013, I closed the lot manually on 28.10.2013 and system was hung. I reposted it on 29.10.2013.

All document numbers there have different posting date, document date but the clearing date for all of them is 25.10.2013.

I have took the document numbers from the lot and checked whether they are present in DFKKOP table. The following document numbers are there in FP05 but not in DFKKOP.

Now my question, if i do a mass cancellation and post it again. Will the system generate a fresh document numbers for all the payments? OR will it try to post with the existing document numbers.

As far my knoweldge the system creates a new document numbers while posting. Or Am I wrong? What about the old document numers which were present in FP05. Does the system ignore them while posting?

May be my question is primitive, but I need to change it in production so I am little worried and careful.

Thanks a lot,

Lakshmi.

0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

It is not mandatory that whatever is in FP05 has to be in table DFKKOP.

A particular payment document only comes in to DFKKOP when it has been posted as payment on account or has cleared an existing outstanding receivable.

Once the payment lot is in "postings made" status, only in that scenario, you can reconcile FP05 items with DFKKOP.

In your scenario, the payment items that you are seeing in FP05 may not have cleared anything and have hit the payment CWL.

Can you check the entries against the payment lot in payment CWL? I am sure you will find the remaining entries there.Since these are un-allocated payments, you are not able to see them in DFKKOP.

Now with your issue, if you are able to find all the entries against the payment lot, then take the reco key and reverse them through FP08M. It will reverse the entire payment lot.

Now re-process the lot again and it will post the payment with new document no.

Hope it clarifies...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hallo Amlan,

you are just perfect. That worked. Thanks a ton!!!

Lakshmi.