cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Technical System manually in LMDB

jcarbonell
Participant
0 Kudos

I have to create a new technical system in SOLMAN 7.1 LMDB, because I cannot register it automatically in the SLD. I have created the system with the technical system editor, and added the product instances and the related software componentes for each instance. But the software componentes are added without a SP level, and I cannot find a way to set the it, at least in the technical system editor. I have tried to read the system data from the remote system in the SMSY,and it updates the information there, but it is not replicated to the LMDB. And when I try to create a Maintenance Optimizer request, it calculates the queue as if there were no SP applied to this system. Does anybody know how can I change the LMDB data?

Best regards,

Jose

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Please try below notes

1823044 - Manual maintenance of Support Packages for VARs

Best Regards,

Tom

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jose, why you can't send the technical information from the system to solman SLD ?

I read somewhere from SAP help that it's strongly NOt recommend to make changes manually in LMDB and after slow a sync with SLD.

BR,

Luis

jcarbonell
Participant
0 Kudos

Because there is no network connection from the system to the SLD. I know that SAP does not recommend manual creation but, at the moment, I do not have another option.

Jose

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jose, if the problem is the network connection from remote system to Solman's SLD you can register the system data on a local SLD that are in the same network that the system and after that export manually from local SLD and import to solman SLD.

If you don't have a local SLD near to that system, you can open a secure communication channel trough saprouter to your solution manager and in the RZ70 you can use a connection like "/H/solmanpublicdomain/H/solmanserver trough port 3299

former_member183107
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try the the below options:-

Resynchronization from SLD in Technical System Editor

You can restore the complete technical system description from the SLD directly in the technical system editor:

1. Start SAP Solution Manager: Work Centers (transaction SOLMAN_WORKCENTER) and choose  Solution Manager Administration  Landscape  Technical Systems  .Select the technical system and choose  System Operations  Maintain System  (Alternatively, you can access the LMDB directly with transaction LMDB.)
  2. Choose Resync from SLD.
  3. If there is more than one SLD connected, select the one with the correct system description.
  4. Review the changes made by resynchronization.
  5. Choose Save to persist the changes.

Only data from automatic SLD data suppliers is synchronized. Data created manually in the LMDB is not deleted by this function. All manual assignments, for example product assignments, remain. To delete even manually created data and assignments, refer to the next section.

Resynchronization by Report

Caution CAUTIONMake sure that you really want to delete all manually created system information and assignments, such as product assignments. It is possible that you delete configurations that cannot be recovered, such as diagnostics-relevant indicators.To restore SLD data completely, including the deletion of assignments and of data that was created manually in the LMDB, use the report RLMDB_SYNC_TECHNICAL_SYSTEM:

1. Start transaction SE38 and run the report RLMDB_SYNC_TECHNICAL_SYSTEM.
  2. Enter the following parameters:
    • Source SLD: Select the SLD with the correct system description
    • Target Namespace: Select the LMDB target namespace; in most cases, it is active.
    • System Type
    • Extended SID (extended System ID)
    • Check the Detailed Trace indicator if you want to get low-level information about the resynchronized objects.
    • Check the Simlulate indicator.
    • Do not check the Delete before Resync indicator for the simulation run.
    • Run the report to check which changes would be performed by a resynchronization.
  3. When you are sure that the report will achieve the desired result, uncheck the Simulate indicator.Now you can also check the Delete before Resync indicator to delete the entire technical system description in the LMDB before resynchronization from the SLD. This will also delete all assignments and manually created information.If you do not check the Delete before Resync indicator, the report has the same result as the Resync from SLD function in the technical system editor.Execute the report.The synchronization can take a few minutes, depending on the number of CIM instances.

source:- https://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp05/helpdata/en/f6/a41e0402664451b9c4640ff4513527/content.htm

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Himanshu

jcarbonell
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you, but the problem that I face is due to the fact that I cannot create the system in  the SLD, so I cannot synchronize the LMDB with the SLD, as there is no information for this system there..

former_member183107
Contributor
0 Kudos

Register managed ABAP Application Services into SLD

Use RZ70 of the managed ABAP application service to register an ABAP engine of the managed AS Java in a central SLD. If the RZ70 is not available, the application service must be patched to the level where this transaction is available.

The two entries required needed to register the Technical Systems in the SLD are the hostname and the service of the used SAP Gateway.

·  The hostname of the used gateway (For example, cisgw0).

·  The name of the service for the Gateway (For example, sapgw42).

After Activate Current Configuration (F8) and Start Data Collection (F5), the application service is registered in the SLD.

If the field with the Data Collector Programs is empty, select Proposal to fill in the right programs.

If this action is successful the application service should appear in the SLD. Call the SLD using the following link:

http://<hostname>:5<system_number>00/sld

Navigate to Technical Landscape. The registered application services should appear in this list.

Register Managed Java EE Application Services into SLD

The Visual Administrator is no longer part of WebAS 7.1. This functionality is replaced by SAP NetWeaver Administrator. For the new ACC, the registration is done using SAPNetWeaver Administrator. Refer the latestSAP NetWeaver Administrator documentation for more details.

To register the Java EE engine of a managed Java EE application service in a central SLD for WebAS 6.40, the Visual Administrator of this application service has to be used.

Before registering managed application services in the SLD, the affected systems must run on virtual hostnames.

After registration, the application service should display the Send Result as Success. Additionally in the registerInformation tab, the application service is visible in the SLD in Technical Systems, AS Java.

For information on Java EE registration on the SLD, refer SAP note 673144.

If the Java EE registration fails, refer SAP note 885523.

More Information

If computer systems are incorrectly registered in the SLD, refer SAP note 979277.

If you have transferred the registration data of technical systems into the SLD and this data is not updated in the SLD, refer SAP note 1084145.

If a database system is registered incorrectly in the SLD, refer SAP note 1052457.

Regards,

Himanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Check the below link for Migrate System Information from SMSY to LMDB

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp05/helpdata/en/e7/101fc81c0642df8c75b0e15111b2a4/content.htm

After migrate the details, try again.

Rg,

karthik

jcarbonell
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you, I will take a look at this. Anyway, I am not sure that it works, because I have already created the system in the LMDB, and this procedure is proposed for an initial migration from SMSY to LMDB after a version upgrade. But in my case, I have created the system in the LMDB first, as it did not exist neither in the LMDB nor in SMSY. And then the automatic syncronization between LMDB and SMSY has created the system in SMSY.