cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to deactivate reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there a way to deactivate the customised reports (YY*** & Z*)  in the system .

Further if we deactivate a programe in development system ,and try to import them via  transport requests to Quality and Production system  it may give errors as inactive objects too.

Further when we tried locking using SM01 , we are still able to access the reports

Let me know your valuable inputs too

Regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram

I thing deactivate the report is not possible

1. better you can remove the transaction access thru authorizations

2. Lock the report using the SM01, In SM01 you have to select the report line and then press the button "lock/unlock" as mention below screen reference

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Let me know if we deactivate the customised reports  now , will there be a possibility to get it back again ....?

Regards

Ram

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Ram

As far as I know there is no possibility to deactivate a program.

You can either delete them permanently or block them from using with the help of some authorizations.

I would consider taking help from an experienced ABAPer while doing this.

Once when you delete the program in the development system you can bring the transport to the test and check everything is ok there before you head to the production.

You can list the inactive objects from Tx SE38 - Environment - Inactive Objects.

Regards

RB

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If the custom program is no longer required the you may delete it from the Development system and then transport it across the landscape.

I would first use the "Where Used" option to check where all the program is used or called before I delete it.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Reagan  for your valuable suggestion

Further we do have 2600 objects inactive  particularly with the customised reports in the SAP system

It will be better i can follow your inputs

Further Let me know if you have any alternate way  without deleting them  .

Regards

Ram