SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget at Department and Location level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to do budget at Deparment as well as Location level simultaneously for different GLs?

Our cost centres are created with Department and Location combination. Our cost centre is of 10 digits. First 2 is starting with 98 to indicate indirect cost centre.

3 digits is 0 which is left blank. 4,5,6 digits if for Department and 7,8,9,0 is for Location.

Now for eg. i have two cost centres -

In above cost centre 4,5,6 digit indicates departments. It is easy for me to assign the budget at department level because i will create Fund centre for each department and assign to this cost centre.

At location level now i want to define the budget. Now for eg, i have two cost centres at deparment level -

In above cost centre Common is Location 0100 last four digit.

If i defind the Buget than at location, than this two cost centre which is already part of Deparment budget will come into the picture. Will this create any problem?

Do i have to create seperate derivation rule for deparment and location and post the budget document?

Will system allow me to post budget at Deparment and Location level seperately.?

If one cost centre is used in two different derivation rule, will it create any problem?

Please guide.

Regards

Zunaid

8 REPLIES 8

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm afraid, I cannot see what you are trying to achieve. Eventual fund centre which would be derived is a unique one, i.e. you cannot have for the same document fund centre which would represent 'location' and 'department' at the same time. For your AVC ledegers, though, you can ideed create two levels of control - on department level and of locaiton level -, but I'm not sure if this is your requirement.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

We have budget at department level. So based on that department we will allot the budget.

But client also wants budget at location level. Our cost centre is combination of Department and Location. So if i create derivation rule based on Department and assign budget its ok. it will work fine.

Now to make the Budget at location level also for few GLs, i have to pick the location cost centre which will also include department. Now this cost centres are already the part of derivation rule above . So will system allow me the budget at both department and location level simultaneously?

Here Gls are different.

Regards

Zunaid

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Still, I don't comprehend the structure: do you have two levels of control (department and location) or just one, which could be either location or department. In this last case, there is no big deal: you'll just have to define fund centre representing the location, based on the criteria in question (cost centres, G/L or something else). If, however, you want to ocntrol the budget on two levels, then you have to create two AVC ledgers.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I do not understand why we need to create two AVC ledgers? Because i created one more derivation rule with override condition as follow :

If GL is 7000400110 with cost centre 9800505050 then pick fund centre LOCATION.

for others pick Department as regular.

is there any issue in long run if i define this way.

i checked and this is working very fine.

Regards

Zunaid

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I didn't say you should. I said that you had to defined it only if you want to check the budget on BOTH levels simultaneously. From your last description, I understand that it's not the case; the budget will be checked EITHER on department or location level. But, in this case, I don't understand what kind of difference you encounter with...

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Sorry for mis communication.

In my case GLs are different. FOr eg. Salary GL 7000010101, Professional feels GL 7000020202. Rent GL GL 7000030303 are to be budgeted at Location level.

Remaining all GLs other than above are to be budgeted at Department level.  I think this give clear idea.

So i will create one more derivation rule for location budget. I have defined regular budget at department level with 2 derivation rule. 1. GL to Commitment 2. Cost Centre to Fund Centre.

Here i have given all GLs and cost centres.

Now 3 rule is overriding rule, where if you find any salary, profession or rent GL with combination of so and so cost centre than use Location fund centre (budget).

Please let me know if this is ok.

Regards

Zunaid

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems fine to me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Okk. Thank you so much for help.

Regards