cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting from MDM database

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the third party SQL reporting tools that can be used with MDM database for reporting the changes?

Can SQL queries be written in such a way that it can directly access MDM database (without the use of MDM API’s) & fetch us the required information?

If yes, then where to find information regarding the ER diagrams & database structure.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arwind,

Its always better to use the MDM API's to access the MDM database. However, i observed that in order to access the change history, I couldnt find any API's. In this case, we needed to access the CM_History table directly. Howver, in SP05, even this feature is provided.I dont think the internal DB structure is available for reference anywhere.

Regards,

Tanveer.

<b>Please mark helpful answers</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanveer

Change history can be very well accessed from the history tables. What i am looking is to directly access the database tables & query for any information i want. I found that its a very complex structure with lot of interlinks & information in bits & pieces. It would take a lot of effort to figure out what is stored where & how. We would probably write elaborate SQL's to fetch this.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

"A2i_CM_History" can be used to track the history, with this API using ABAP we can generate any Report from the database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

"A2i_CM_History" can be used to track the history, with this API using ABAP we can generate any Report from the database.