Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content server info time different from system clock

former_member323185
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are running Content Server on Unix. Apache is used as the web server. When I run the server infor url (

http://172.xxx.xxx.xxx:1090/ContentServer/ContentServer.dll?serverInfo&pVersion=0046) to check the content server status, the servertime shown is different from the system time. I believe the servertime is based on UTC time but we are located in a UTC+8 timezone. How  can we set the Content Server to display the correct time?

Regards,

Lim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

You can update / change the time zone using TZ environment variable for the user.

User with which apache runs and user with which maxdb runs both should have the same time zone.  Once you have updated the timezone you will need to restart apache and db.

Regards

Amit Padmawar

former_member323185
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Both os users used to start the apache and Maxdb already have the correct timezone set in their environment profile. Thanks.

Rdgs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check that correct time zone is maintained in your system in STZAC and STZBC.

and then is the env TZ.

The time you are talking is just displayed in the screen .

Tried to upload the doc in the system and correct time is displayed. My url also displayed the same time so this means that it has not relation to the display time.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

former_member323185
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

System time is set to UTC+8. So is personal time zone in SU01 for users. I tried uploading a doc to the content server via sapoffice and the time stamp still show a wrong time.

I think I'll log a message with SAP. Thanks for your help so far.

Rdgs

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

If possible try a restart of the Apache and MaxDB database and see whether it picks up the right time.

Regards

RB

former_member323185
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Restarting the apache and MaxDB does not correct the problem. Thanks.

Rdgs

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Then the only option I have for you is to raise an OSS message under BC-SRV-KPR-CS

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why do you want to change the time , Are you worried that you might get error while saving doc.

You will not get any error due to that.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

former_member323185
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to change the time to the correct time because the time stamp shown when the doc is saved in the database is wrong.

I am trying to troubleshoot unknown docs that are saved into the content server. Without the correct time stamp shown for the docs, it is difficult for me to trace which background jobs or users are creating docs in the content server.

Regards,

Lim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to have the current set-up and see if there is any issues.

No issues in saving the doc .

How are you checking the doc?

What is the functionality for which you are trying to save the doc.

I am trying to troubleshoot unknown docs that are saved into the content server. Without the correct time stamp shown for the docs, it is difficult for me to trace which background jobs or users are creating docs in the content server.

Usually people user Organiser transaction to trace doc related to employees.

are you scheduling the background job to upload mass doc.

Thanks

Rishi abrol

former_member323185
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

I do not have problem saving docs in the content server. It is just the time stamp of the doc does not reflect the correct time when the docs are saved.

We configure SAPoffice to save mails with attachments in the content server. We also configure MM transactions such as RFP/RFQ to save attachments in the content server.

I handle Basis, so I am not so sure how to check the docs using the MM transactions. But when I created a mail in my SAPoffice inbox with an attachment, I am able to see the attachment in the content server database. However the time stamp for the saved doc is wrong. To view the doc in the content server, I use MaxDB tools to access the database table.

Rdgs

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Seng Lim,

You need to check time setting for user .

Who is running your cotent server and correct the time setting for that user.

BR

Atul

former_member323185
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I believe content server is started by starting apache. Our apache is started with os user 'prdcs'. The timezone for this user is using the global timezone set in /etc/environment which is set correctly. When I execute the 'date' command, it is displaying the correct time for my country.

There are many web articles about setting timezone for apache, but most of them points to editing php.ini. However for content server installation on unix, we only need to install apache and not php. So how can I set the timezone for our apache server?

Rdgs