cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download from the download-site not working?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to download MaxDB from the link:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/maxdb-downloads

I was able to download "SAP MaxDB Database Studio",

but once I click on the link for Windows "X86 64bit",

the page goes back to the "Netweaver Community Page".

Am I missing anything? Can someone help?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hannes_degenhart
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Rolf,

in the meantime you can try to use the following link:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/software-downloads

I've had the same issue today and i manage it to get the MaxDB database for version 7.8.x !

Best regards

Hannes

thorsten_zielke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hannes,

these are very old MaxDB versions (e.g. 7.8.01.18). I would recommend against downloading them.

I am very sorry that it takes so long to restore the broken links. There has been some content move on the SCN server and unfortunately these downloads are broken since. We are trying to get them restored, but it seems this process takes some time.

My apologies for the inconvenience...

Thorsten

hannes_degenhart
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

it is not always as it seems to be!

If you click on this "very old MaxDB version" link, you get the actual version 7.8.02.37 🙂

We installed it yesterday!

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hannes,

thanks for sharing this

0 Kudos

Hello Hannes,

sorry, but this trick doesn´t work. I get after confirmation of the licence agreement the following error:

File not found."

It seems, that there is no way to download the actual build 37 from the community side.

Are there other ideas in the community?

Regards Achim

hannes_degenhart
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Achim,

i tested it once more for the "SAP MaxDB 7.8.02.37 for Windows (x86, 64 bit)" Version

and it works once more. Perhaps it does not work for all plattforms.

I used the Mozilla Firefox for the download!

Regards Hannes

0 Kudos

Hi Hannes,

thanks for answering me. Meanwhile I got a download of the 32Bit Version last midnight and this morning I could download the 64Bit Version for Windows. I could not find a role for receiving the files.

Most of the time, I got the "file not found"-Message bei using the "word-around"-link: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/software-downloads . I have tried several computers and browsers and the result was always the same.

The official download-side still doesn´t work. You always get the side, pictured in Rolf Muellers message above.

So let´s hope, that the for downloading will be fixed soon!

Regards Achim

thorsten_zielke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I know this sounds like a joke, but due to technical difficulties (and IT opposing a hotfix package), the MaxDB database download links are not expected to be fixed before December 2nd.

There is nothing we can do from the MaxDB team about this, but waiting in bewilderment...

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are there no ftp accounts or something else to download the latest linux x86_32bit version?

Would be helpful to get the installers right now.

Is there no solution to get the files?

regards

sebastiano

hannes_degenhart
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastiano,

see also my reply from 4th November.

Try to use the following link:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/software-downloads

Click on the Link für the Linux 32bit version (disregard the version number) and you'll get the latest version. 

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

would be nice if that would work, but on click I am going to be redirect to NetWeaver Home, nothing to download 😞

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thorsten,

Sorry, this was indeed a typo. I was NOT able to download the file.

And I just tried it again. I click on it, and get this URL:

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver?rid=/webcontent/uuid/e01cf093-a6b3-2e10-8cbe-940679937298

but the browser forwards me to the SAP Netweaver page:

I use Chrome, and am logged in SCN. I tried with IE and Firefox, same behavior.

A couple of colleagues tried as well, but they seem to be having the same behavior.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Rolf

thorsten_zielke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rolf,

I will investigate this, but it may take some time. Meanwhile, I have sent you a personal message with a 'SAP Box' link to download this file. Please note that you have to register for SAP Box (this is the successor of SAPmats). And please do not make this link public as it should not replace the official distribution channel...

Thorsten

thorsten_zielke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rolf,

I have checked this from home, outside the SAP network with a new public user and it worked fine.

Can you also log on from a different network e.g. from home and try again? Maybe the problem is with the proxy settings within your company...

Thorsten

thorsten_zielke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rolf,

please note that the MaxDB database download links are currently broken. We will fix this as soon as possible (I hope today or by tomorrow at the latest).

The Tools section (which includes Database Studio) works fine, though.

Thorsten

thorsten_zielke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe this was only a temporary issue? I have just checked and could download the Database Studio (Win 64 bit) and install it without any problem.

Could you please retry and if it is still not working, elaborate what you mean by

"I was able to download 'SAP MaxDB Database Studio', but once I click on the link for Windows "X86 64bit", the page goes back to the 'Netweaver Community Page'."

Also, were you able to download the file or was this a typo?

Thorsten