cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is Instance Number and Service Port

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert,

Due to R/3 support connection, I need to maintain system data. However, I meet some problem here.

I would like to fill in instance number and service port in each field, but I have no idea how to find both of information on my system. Could anyone tell me how to get them? Especially the service port, I think the default port is 8000. Why do I just need to put 2-digit number into field? I confused.

Thank you and best regards

George

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Right now I meet an error when I check my saprouter because I need to open a service connection

I have no idea how to change instance number 3299 to 3200.

Could anyone tell me how to fix this error?

George

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What exactly are you doing ?

If you have modified the connection details like I have suggested above and also if the saprouttab is configured properly then restart the saprouter.

If the saprouter is running on a Windows system then it is started as a service.

You need to start the saprouter service from services.msc

Regards

RB

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

I will answer according to the screen shots you have provided.

First screen shot - Under the system tab you need to fill the saprouter details.

You basically need to select the ""Edit System" and select the router from the pull down menu.

If there is no router for you to select then there is no saprouter registered with SAP.

The service port should be 3299

Second screen shot - You need to select the Application Serer tab and NOT the DB server tab.

Under the Application Serer tab you need to enter the IP address of the system and the system number. Under the DB Server tab you can fill the database details and version. There is no need to maintain the IP and instance number here.

Regards

RB

former_member183107
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi George,

1. Instance number:-

Goto SM51->hostname_SID_Instance number

You will get the instance number.

2. Port:-

put it as 3299

and see if it works.

Regards,

Himanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check in SMICM -> Goto -> Service

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kerthik,

Thank you for quickly response. It shows 8000 for HTTP and 0 for SMTP. Which one should I use for R/3 connection setting? Also, it only provides 2-digit number to fill in the field. What it means is that I have to fill in with 00. Is that right? How about the instance number? I can't find it..

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Instance number is 00

Normally the service port is asking in the SAP router ( 32 99) details.

please post the screen shot which you are looking for input.

Rg,

karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Karthik,

Please see picture below. Picture 1 is for instance number issue and picture 2 is for service port.

picture 1

Picture 2

George

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI George,

Please check the SAP note 812732  - R/3 Support service connection

Many ways to find the instance number, goto-SM51-see the server name (hostname_SID_Instance number).

Is your system already added in SMP? As asked please share the screenshot.

regards

kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kartik,

How do I know if SMP is ready or not? How do I check it?

Best regards

George

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Now only you are adding your system to SMP system data.

Screen 1 - Mention your instance number.

Screen 2 - Have you installed SAP router at your landscape, provide the details of SAP router Hostname it will bring IP address automatically.

Please check this for SAPRouter installation.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp3/helpdata/en/48/6ca4616c0707dce10000000a42189d/content.htm

regards

kartik